Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hp 4540

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hp 4540

Got a customer with cm4540 with 49.38.03 error. Had this before and have either updated firmware or replaced network board and again updated firmware. Cured fault on a few occasions however this one is a problem. l have changed the network card however within a minute of machine getting to ready state the error comes up (49.38.03) which does not give enough time to load the memory stick to upgrade the firmware and get rid of this annoying message. Any ideas would be appreciated
    Rog

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    hp 4540

Re: hp 4540

Make sure all print jobs are deleted in all of their computers,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    Make sure all print jobs are deleted in all of their computers,
    Oh yep, first thing we do plus have run machine up with network cable disconnected and same thing happens l am afraid!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Replace the formatter.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Replace the formatter.
    Have fitted new formatter board (network board) just seems like a bad print is stuck in the machine and will not clear. When reaches ready state sits there fine for about one minute then the print light flashes as if going to print and then the error comes on. Have tried a factory reset/cold reset, still does it. Gonna scrap it before too long. Thanks for your suggestions

You replaced the formatter and it still does it... with all the computer connections uplugged??

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You replaced the formatter and it still does it... with all the computer connections uplugged??
    Yep new network board or formatter board as we call it. Network lead unplugged and still comes up with the error. Never had this problem before. As previously mentioned seems as if it a print is stuck in memory somewhere. Very strange. Gonna scrap the bloody thing l think and sell them an upgrade unless someone can come up with a new idea. Spending too much time on it. All help as always is appreciated from you guys

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Try resetting the memory. I have only worked on smaller HP laser MFP's.
    I just reset the memory on one however. It was stuck in memory, similar to the issue you were having.
    This was a HP400 pro and to reset the memory you had to plug it in, hold bottom left of touchscreen and hit the power button.
    This cleared the memory and brought it back to factory settings, fixing my issue.
    I'm not sure how you reset the memory on that model, but I would give it a try.

You replaced this?

4050 formatter board (hp) C4251-69001

I'm just asking because the network board (jetdirect board) is different than the formatter board... although some formatter boards have network connections on them.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You replaced this?

4050 formatter board (hp) C4251-69001

I'm just asking because the network board (jetdirect board) is different than the formatter board... although some formatter boards have network connections on them.
    Hi There. You are talking about the LASERJET 4050 part number C4251-69001. Old machine that does take a formatter and separate jet direct card. This a CM4540 large multifunction machine and the network connection is on the formatter board all in one. Part Number. CE871-69003. Appreciate any help you can give

Thanks again