Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP M476 doucument feeder problems

Anyone have a line on a replacement part for this machine? Part number CF144-60129. Got a machine that I cannot get to feed consistently thru the doc feeder, just won't pick it up. Cleaned up rollers and sep pad, no help. Only has about 5K thru it, but is out of warranty. Any ideas or help finding one of these is appreciated!
    Thom

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: HP M476 doucument feeder problems

do the adf rollers turn? if so are they slipping. if that is the case, replace the adf feed roller bogie kit and the sep pad. if the rollers dont turn, is the adf unit making a humming noise when they should? if that is the case, replace the adf unit. i dont think the motor is sold separately. p roller sells the kit. as does most the other sources.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    do the adf rollers turn? if so are they slipping. if that is the case, replace the adf feed roller bogie kit and the sep pad. if the rollers dont turn, is the adf unit making a humming noise when they should? if that is the case, replace the adf unit. i dont think the motor is sold separately. p roller sells the kit. as does most the other sources.
    Yes, wheels are slipping on paper, they are almost new and clean, though. P-Roller doesn't have any listing for doc feeder parts for the M476. They do have similar machines, but are the feeders the same? Thanks for your help!

Thom

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    Yes, wheels are slipping on paper, they are almost new and clean, though. P-Roller doesn't have any listing for doc feeder parts for the M476. They do have similar machines, but are the feeders the same? Thanks for your help!

Thom
    try these numbers. this is what i use. HP 5851-3580 (5851-2559) ADF Pickup Roller Assembly and HP Q2665-60125 (C7309-60076) ADF Separation Pad. the p roller part numbers are Z8220 for the assembly and J6060 for the pad. make sure that your pick up roller is dropping down onto the paper and then turns. there is a little arm inside the small rear adf cover where you can see the gears. that arm can get bound up and wont release. and no feed. a little white arm with a gear on it i think.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    try these numbers. this is what i use. HP 5851-3580 (5851-2559) ADF Pickup Roller Assembly and HP Q2665-60125 (C7309-60076) ADF Separation Pad. the p roller part numbers are Z8220 for the assembly and J6060 for the pad. make sure that your pick up roller is dropping down onto the paper and then turns. there is a little arm inside the small rear adf cover where you can see the gears. that arm can get bound up and wont release. and no feed. a little white arm with a gear on it i think.
    TonerJockey, Those part numbers are for the older doc feeders <like on the LJ3320>. This feeder is one that uses the small gear assembly attached to the upper door. By the way, it is pushed into place like it should be, but there isn't enough downforce to get the paper to feed. I think there is a plastic stop preventing it from getting the pressure required, thus looking to replace the ADF, but I'll try the rollers, if I can find them.

Thom

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    TonerJockey, Thhp colore part numbers are for the older doc feeders <like on the LJ3320>. This feeder is one that uses the small gear assembly attached to the upper door. By the way, it is pushed into place like it should be, but there isn't enough downforce to get the paper to feed. I think there is a plastic stop preventing it from getting the pressure required, thus looking to replace the ADF, but I'll try the rollers, if I can find them.

Thom
    well,I use that roller kit in the hp color laser jet pro M 475 mfp.maybe the 476 used the smaller ones? call p roller and ask for tech support.or LPT, or printerworks tech.