Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

P4014 Duplexing issues

I have a Hp P4014 that ever since I updated firmware to 4.260.1 it automatically duplexes when I set the paper trays to anything other than plain paper. Duplex is turned of on machine and in setup of document.
    Any ideas

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    P4014 Duplexing issues

Re: P4014 Duplexing issues

The below is assuming that perhaps you may not be familiar with varied printer controls etc. If you are, disregard the rest. and BTW, I have seen a number of times on other printers that varied issues actually come up with firmware upgrades. Unfortunately, it appears HP isn't quite the printer software and driver quality company anymore.

One aspect to check is: In your printer listings (Control Panel - Printers if XP, Devices and Printers if newer. Right click on the printer properties and see how settings are there. If you change setting, make certain if "apply" is down at bottom right that you click that. Also if you are using it as a network rather than USB, you can put the IP in the address bar of browser, this will bring up the printer info, there are a number of areas there you can check.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Take the duplexer off.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Try reloading the firmware without any accessories attached, duplexer, stacker, envelope feeder, tray 3, 4 and 5. Power off, then add one device, power on until ready, then power off, repeat the process for each device. If this doesn't work, whichever device is failing, that device may need to be replaced. Never upgrade firmware with accessories installed on P4014, P4015 and P4515 models.