Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    HP CP5520 loses yellow after first page

HP CP5520 loses yellow after first page

Hello,
    I have a HP Color LaserJet CP5520 that a customer has brand new in box sitting around for 5 years, they decided to unbox it to replace another. Only has 300 prints on it (mostly from testing the yellow issue)

First page prints just fine, 2nd page loses yellow on most of the page except some on lead edge, all other pages yellow is completely missing.

Tried swapping parts with parts from a good working machine: tried 2 different yellow cartridges and transfer belt. Also re-seated the formatter. Hard stop and there is no image on yellow drum. I don't see any bad contacts or anything out of place, missing, or damaged inside machine. I have included a sample, I hard stopped the machine during a CMYK test output, it started back up on page 7 with full yellow, page 8 small amount of yellow, everything after that the yellow was absent.

HP_CP5520_Example.pdf

I'm leaning toward laser unit or high voltage board, but would like some other opinions.

Thanks,
    MNTECH

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP CP5520 loses yellow after first page

Are you sure this is brand new... or is it possibly a refurb where they reset the copy count?

I've seen this problem with all of the colors doing this at various times. There are some bushings that wear out and cause this. I'll look for the tech pub on it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP CP5520 loses yellow after first page

Sent you a PM with two different possible solutions I've found when I had a similar problem.