HP M4555 paper jams

Hey anyone, I've got a HP M4555 with the three drawer feeder and a finisher. Tray 2 works great but trays 3-5 jam. sometimes I get 1-10 pages before it jams. Paper coming out of trays stutter like it is slipping. Rollers are new and of OEM type. Plain paper. Good paper. Codes range from 13.B2.D4, 13.B2.D3, 13.A5.D5, and 13.A4.D4. I know the D3, D4, D5 denote the tray that jammed. Printer was recently moved and I suspect they may have damaged the auto connector but can't understand why it would feed up to 10 pages if connector was damaged.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated as always.
    Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP M4555 paper jams

I would check the PU solenoids in those trays.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: HP M4555 paper jams

Open clam shell pull out the plastic piece that is above the manual tray feed roller. The same piece you have to pull out to change the roller. Now push on the spring loaded jam release plastic piece/paperguide that is between reg assy and manual feed roller. Does it make contact with the metal assy on the reg roller assy as it swings upward? If so that is your problem, the reg ass metal piece is jammed in the wrong position. Ive seen this many times especially when trying to feed from the manual tray. It is pinching the paper at the reg assy. If the metal touches that guide jam release and you cant figure out what to do just pull up slightly on the metal and will will make a pop noise and then now the metal guide will not hit the release guide. I recommend next time if this happens look the reg assy over more closely. The spring loaded metal shutter piece is jammed. It should not be sitting on top of roller at reg assy.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Question Re: HP M4555 paper jams

PSTEELERS,
    Did you figure this out?
    Having similar issue here
    d7guitar
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.