Maintenance cost

Have been supplying service and toner for school district for years. Now some pencil pusher wants a cost per print contract. What is a good quote for black and white at 90,00 month and 5000 color per month? thanks Ray ps mostly hp

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts brotherlarry's Avatar

Re: Maintenance cost

Compute your supply costs then add service then profit (if any) The going rate in my area is .009 for b/w the I scale it up for older machines The BIG Guys are lower Color is harder I have seen it range from .04 up to .16 and is really machine dependent

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Watch out for MPS companies coming in to take it from you. They're scouring the planet with their programs. They drop the prices so low just to get the account and Independents get screwed. Just saying, don't want to bum you out. I hope that's not whats happening. Also pricing is so different from each company contract. You should do some research into MPS from several different angles. It's been awhile since Ive looked into it. I did find a lot of resources in ENX MAG.
    Izzy

Thanks. There is another requirement that I need help with. They want me to monitor the prints counts with some software that I would install on their network. I have no clue what to use.... thanks Ray.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Ye...an MPS guy is in there. PrintFleet, FM Audit and many others. Its all in ENX Mag. But is that what you want? You were time and materials? If they are in there with a quote and have already did a search on their Network with their software. It may be too late. Find an MPS company in your area and work with them. You could try to get them to continue time and materials but it sounds like thats what this pencil pusher wants.
    Izzy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Maintenance cost

Are they looking you just to monitor the print amounts going through the devices or are they looking it broke down further into departments and users? We adopted from the supply of toners and break fixes around 6 years ago because we could see this trend coming in. We use a slightly different approach than the cost per copy but it is an all encompassing service. If you require any advice or pointers drop me a pm.
    Where are you located?
    Last edited by Lasersupplies; 05-05-2016 at 04:52 PM.