Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hp designjet t2300 print bad

Hellow , The question is if I can calibrate line sensor with any photo paper because the printn is not right vertical lines are discontinued thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp designjet t2300  print bad

Re: hp designjet t2300 print bad

If you have disjointed vertical lines (running the direction of the paper path, not the carriage) then you have either a bad belt, or a dirty encoder strip, or possibly some print head/carriage/trailing cable problem, but that's extremely rare.

Or you're printing in draft mode.

But to answer your question, yes, most any glossy media will work, 24" wide or wider. Disjointed vertical lines is not a symptom of the line sensor needing calibration.

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    If you have disjointed vertical lines (running the direction of the paper path, not the carriage) then you have either a bad belt, or a dirty encoder strip, or possibly some print head/carriage/trailing cable problem, but that's extremely rare.

Or you're printing in draft mode.

But to answer your question, yes, most any glossy media will work, 24" wide or wider. Disjointed vertical lines is not a symptom of the line sensor needing calibration.

Kiran
    thanks, printheads are new and I update the firmware, but whe I print the configuration page , vertical lines are bad.Belt carriage, carrier and enconder are good,Maybe it can be configuration.What can I do? customer said that plotter does not have too much use?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp designjet t2300  print bad

I hadn't realized you started two threads.

Firmware will not cause this problem. Printheads will rarely cause this problem. Was the printhead calibration successful?

What does cause this problem is a bad belt, or dirty encoder strip (though a dirty/bad encoder strip will cause paper jam errors usually.)

Turn the printer on. When the carriage moves out form the service station, turn the power off. Then slide the carriage back and forth slowly, feel it it moves smoothly. Look closely at the belt. Little use doesn't mean the belt is OK. They dry-rot over time and a brand new belt can be trash after 3-5 years even if the printer has never been used.

The number one reason this happens is because people print in draft mode to speed up the printing. Draft mode has very poor band-to-band registration and you will get disjointed vertical lines.

If you're not using HP paper, select Plain Paper when loading.

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

thanks,the problem was the encoder it was dirty .