Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP 4250    1/2 inch black bar

HP 4250 1/2 inch black bar

Hi
    Approx 1 in 10 prints come with a 1/2 black bar acoss the top of the page.I have replaced cartridge and cleaned and adjusted all contacts that come in contact with the cartridge.The band dosnt repeat. Please see attached.
    Any help welcomed and appreciated. Thanks Andy

Sorry.Having problems uploading and attaching Example
    Last edited by cucuklotz; 06-16-2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: left out attachment

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: HP 4250 1/2 inch black bar

On pages with the bar, is the text in proper plce or has it moved down the page any. Like reg slipping.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    On pages with the bar, is the text in proper plce or has it moved down the page any. Like reg slipping.
    Hi
    Thanks for reply .Image is in proper place,
    Thanks Andy

For it to be on the paper, it has to be written on the drum. Although I have never had one do this, I would swap the formatter with another and if that made no change, I would look at the printhead.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Hi
    THank you for help.Can someone who knows machine possibly help,Everything registers correcterly as far as image registration.Black bar only happens once on the page(at top)when it happens.Please don't suggest I change the PRINTHEAD
    THANKS ANDY

I do know a little. Been working on HP 17 years. To get on the paper, it has to be written on the drum. I have had printheads go bad and print black lines and bars. The formatter is what is sending the image. I would swap it first, it is easy. Swapping the printhead is easy, but I would crack it open and clean first. You can get a second opinion from Hytec board repair. They will give support to any caller.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Hi
    THank you for help.Can someone who knows machine possibly help,Everything registers correcterly as far as image registration.Black bar only happens once on the page(at top)when it happens.Please don't suggest I change the PRINTHEAD
    THANKS ANDY
    Fixthecopier is right in his suggestion and diagnostic. You are asking for help and he guided you to some possible cause, you can either ignore them or try another forum. Why then did you ask for the help. He was gratefull to give you a reply. I do know those machines too and would have given similar sggestions and more, but since you are rejecting suggestions, i would decline from giving any.
    Now give your reason why you should not change the laser unit ?.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

,Let me start off with an apology which is sincere and offered with the right motive.I am the least one of any tech forum I can promise you that'
    I respect the generous help the techs on this site has given me over the years .Truth is I'm a taker and not much of a giver.I spoke out of turn and without knowledge.The help I can offer is very limited,and I know all on this and other sites have been patient and more than kind to me.

here is where my ignorance really made itself known.I have never heard the laser unit referred to as a printhead.If I had thought about the reply a little more deeply I may have made the connection,but as usual I reacted instead of taking time to respond.
    Once again and with the utmost high esteem that I hold all on this site,I say IM SORRY and will do better in the future
    Andy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    ,Let me start off with an apology which is sincere and offered with the right motive.I am the least one of any tech forum I can promise you that'
    I respect the generous help the techs on this site has given me over the years .Truth is I'm a taker and not much of a giver.I spoke out of turn and without knowledge.The help I can offer is very limited,and I know all on this and other sites have been patient and more than kind to me.

here is where my ignorance really made itself known.I have never heard the laser unit referred to as a printhead.If I had thought about the reply a little more deeply I may have made the connection,but as usual I reacted instead of taking time to respond.
    Once again and with the utmost high esteem that I hold all on this site,I say IM SORRY and will do better in the future
    Andy

Well glad that you cleared up what your misconceptions of the printhead was and can see why you did not want to hear of a printhead change. You made your feelings known and that's what count. All is well with me and your reply.
    Yes, some manufactures refers or calls the laser unit printhead. Lexmark is one of them.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Sorry if my terms were confusing. When you work on everything, it is hard to keep the terms straight. Recent Xerox tech call, talking about drum....

me..the photoconductor [ricoh]

Xerox..huh?

me...you know, the image unit [konica]

Xerox...huh?

me...drum?

Xerox...ok, I got it now