Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: HP 4250 1/2 inch black bar

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Fixthecopier is right in his suggestion and diagnostic. You are asking for help and he guided you to some possible cause, you can either ignore them or try another forum. Why then did you ask for the help. He was gratefull to give you a reply. I do know those machines too and would have given similar sggestions and more, but since you are rejecting suggestions, i would decline from giving any.
    Now give your reason why you should not change the laser unit ?.

When i replied as in above i mentioned LASER unit instead of PRINTHEAD, as i was thinking that HP does not use the term printhead [on laser machines]and to refer it to the way HP describes and list it in their parts list. I thought just in case, let me use the term HP refers to their laser unit or the real proper term is LSU [laser scanning unit]. I think, just as the poster , many could have misconstrued the printhead as to inkjets and therefore seen the reply from fixthecopier as irrelevant.
    So the poster did not reply eloquently in that regards to ask for further help. The poster is out of the penalty box and was a true man to correct what was seen as a harsh reply. The poster quickly explained himself and that's all it takes. Writing vs verbal in this instant connected world also requires a bit of patience.
    My relatives live in good old england, and i can't get over my humor when they refer to the car TRUNK as the BOOTH.
    edit: acutually, i think it is spelled boot.
    Last edited by subaro; 06-17-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP 4250    1/2 inch black bar

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Hi
    Approx 1 in 10 prints come with a 1/2 black bar acoss the top of the page.I have replaced cartridge and cleaned and adjusted all contacts that come in contact with the cartridge.The band dosnt repeat. Please see attached.
    Any help welcomed and appreciated. Thanks Andy

Sorry.Having problems uploading and attaching Example
    hp4250_black_bar.pdfhp4250_black_bar_2.pdf

This is an old issue with this series of printer , if it happens on first page only of multi page doc, or first thing in morning/sleep mode, it is hv supply , contacts for dev voltage, charge roller. or toner cart. attachments from old hp bulletin from 2008 on what to check.

Doing some looking back when this issue first appeared , it looks like hv power supply or toner cart resolved issue. toner carts were reman or refill carts.
    Last edited by faxman28; 06-17-2016 at 03:17 PM.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post

This is an old issue with this series of printer , if it happens on first page only of multi page doc, or first thing in morning/sleep mode, it is hv supply , contacts for dev voltage, charge roller. or toner cart. attachments from old hp bulletin from 2008 on what to check.

Doing some looking back when this issue first appeared , it looks like hv power supply or toner cart resolved issue. toner carts were reman or refill carts.

Good tip as I would have done the hv last simply because every time I have an issue with one, I get blanks. Just fixed a bizhub this morning that was shooting blanks by changing the hv. So, you go with what you know.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Faxman28 is on the right track. If the customer are using remanufactured toner cartridges, I would try a OEM or at least a different brand remanufactured toner cartridge. Next would be the HV power supply.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP 4250    1/2 inch black bar

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post

Hi
    Thank you for understanding and offering additional help.I will try another OEM and charge roller next week and if that dosnt work look to power supply

Once again thank you FOR putting up with my nonsense.
    Andy