Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP CP1215 problems

Hi to all!
    I got some problems with this one, (first, I know the basics of color laser printers, but they are not on my like to do work with list) , problem is that cyan dots are on printing documents, where is no or 0,1% cyan in use (on blank paper too, dots and water damage like dots on paper every 2,8 cm distance between them 11 time on A4 from top to bottom). I think this is problem with toner but think that masters of print will know better, nevertheless how to clean ITB (i think it is nessesary because i saw some ugly greasy dots on ITB : with isopropyl alcohol, paraffin lamp oil or else....???)

unfortunately dont have pic of doc ( i fell and broke my left leg and my phone so I waiting my work colleague to make photo of doc and sent it to me, and I will post)

Thanks to all!!!!!

Technician

Re: HP CP1215 problems

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP CP1215 problems

Cyan toner cartridge.

Are they genuine or refurbished cartridges?

Technician

Yes, refurbished cartridges.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP CP1215 problems

Definitely toner cartridge. Install a new genuine (if possible) cyan toner cartridge.

Technician

Thanks Lance15, and what about ITB cleaning, what is best for that?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shomyx View Post
    Thanks Lance15, and what about ITB cleaning, what is best for that?
    On doing my own trial and error with clean transfer belts, i found that they can be cleaned with a lot of different chemicals and they still work good. But for how long was the question and i did not go that far. I would say if is grease, use alcohol and after a damp cloth with water and a little soap. The main issues is not to cause scratches on the belt as this i found to be what cause defects to be transfered on the paper image. aslo the waste augur system if it can be get to should be vacuum out.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Just want to mention what i found with transfer belts as a whole. I have seen them caked with toner dust and white and they still worked reasonably well. Cleaning them to remove the paper dust is time consuming and you have to get it all out and not leave it with patches. It does improve slightly with the print quality, but not worth the time and efforts. The waste tone exit assy should be cleaned as things get caught in there. If the surface gets contaminated with a touch of oil or grease, that spot should be spot cleaned and the rest of the belt left alone or just replace them . It is tempting to try to clean them as they can be quite expensive item.
    I have experimented with lots of cleaners, harsh cleaners like fedron, rollit and cannon belt cleaner and those did not hurt the belt, but that white dust is sure stubborn to remove.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technician

Thank you subaro for advice, I have in mind!