Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Hp m4345mfp   booting up issues +

Hp m4345mfp booting up issues +

Hi
    About 75% of the time when you turn on machine the machine freezes up at the final booting up stage( 6Of 6).if it goes into ready
    the INITIALIZING SCANNER message stays on and you can only to machine. Also sometimes when printing a PRINT JOB it feeds an extra cycle or two pages(blank)but separate feeds that force jam in machine at transport and exit.I saw some bulletins on INITIALIZING SCANNER issues,but do you think all these problems all stem from one cause? or do you think I have multiple issues on machine,I don't service many of these.
    THANKS FOR ALWAYS HELPING ANDY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Hp m4345mfp booting up issues +

I would treat all of these as separate issues.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Start with the hanging at 75%. Use this link to troubleshoot the booting issue:

HP Enterprise printers - Boot Progress Indicator Overview and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support

Go from there. If I come across the CSN one, I'll add it. Can't find it at the moment.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hi
    Thanks for all; the help and providing me with some good links,Im waiting for customer to scheduele call.When customer called originally all they told me was that there was a jam in machine they couldn't find.So I was in the dark about the machine until I got there.It took me an hour to get a sense of what was happening,to get a feel for the machine and problems.It also took so long when it would not boot up 3 of 4 times,I think they thought I would have all the answers in a hour,so they havnt gotten back to me yet.
    ANDY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Try replacing the hard drive or do a format of the hard drive.

To perform a hard-disk initialization
    1 Turn the MFP off and then on.
    2 When the memory count appears on the control-panel display, press the right-hand side of the
    START button until all three LEDs are lit. Release the START button.
    3 Press 5 one time. INITIALIZE DISK appears on the control-panel display.
    4 Press 6 one time. A series of asterisks appears on the control-panel display. Wait for the MFP to
    complete its initialization sequence.

the above is for the 4345 which should work for the M4345
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Did you try updating the firmware? Firmware is available on HP's website. I would try that first.
    What if you go into diagnostics have you tried any of the scanner tests in there?

My repair process for your problem would be the following, do in in this order:

- Update firmware
    - Scanner tests in diagnostic mode (make sure the scanner bulb turns on etc)
    - If all looks good in those tests Cold Reset (You'll lose all your settings I believe)
    - run a disk initialization
    - If still acting up replace the formatter board
    - At last Replace the Scanner Assembly

If none of that works hit it with a sledge hammer and throw it out! lol

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

I just saw you also have a feed problem. That is likely a bad solenoid/ clutch. Pull off the side cover and the paper pickup in action.

This is an old machine. I'm not sure it is worth fixing all these different issues .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon55 View Post
    I just saw you also have a feed problem. That is likely a bad solenoid/ clutch. Pull off the side cover and the paper pickup in action.

This is an old machine. I'm not sure it is worth fixing all these different issues .
    Have repaired and refurbished quite a few of these and the previous models the lj4345. They run great and the engine style is same as the LJ4300 series. Sometimes these machines just need a good overhaul and checks and lube and go back in service and wait till the next part wears. As usuall, the swingear assy, fuser and with this one the control panel craps out at times. These machine are worth fixing . they also comes with a nice little finisher.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Hi
    About 75% of the time when you turn on machine the machine freezes up at the final booting up stage( 6Of 6).if it goes into ready
    the INITIALIZING SCANNER message stays on and you can only to machine. Also sometimes when printing a PRINT JOB it feeds an extra cycle or two pages(blank)but separate feeds that force jam in machine at transport and exit.I saw some bulletins on INITIALIZING SCANNER issues,but do you think all these problems all stem from one cause? or do you think I have multiple issues on machine,I don't service many of these.
    THANKS FOR ALWAYS HELPING ANDY
    A while back, someone shared what those stages meant. I even bookmarked that as a permanent link.
    Then I changed browsers and lost the link.
    I may still have the link in one of my older browsers, I'll take a look.
    But it wouldn't hurt for you to search for that on your own too, because it is here.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

boot_progress.pdf With your failure to boot at stage 6 and the intermittent scanner init error, replaceing formatter box and scanner control would be the way to go,hps' next step is to replace the complete scanner unit. maybe not very cost effective.

m4345scanerinit.pdf