Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP M4345 13.33 jam

Hey all. I've got a HP M4345 that jams every page on the Reversing Unit. The page goes into it till it reverses, the jams. There are 3 motors on the Reversing Unit. One towards front of machine that actually reverses paper direction, this one works. The other two are towards the rear one sits higher than the other. The lower one, drives what appears to be duplex roll shaft, this one works also. The third one, this drives the exit rollers, does not work. Reversed paper stop at this stage. I've done a Cold Reset, hen we replaced the Reversing Unit as it has all the motors and sensors in this area. Same issue. I removed the gear covers to watch and saw the third motor not working. Both Units, original and new one, do the same thing. I couldn't test cable from Unit to DC Controller. So it could be cable, DC Controller or Formatter as book says that's where the command comes from.
    Anybody seen this before or have any insight?

Thank you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP M4345 13.33 jam

I would check the paper switch marked PS109 in the manual. From what you're describing, this is not working. You should be able use the paper path sensor test from the diagnostics menu to see if it's working. Actually, I would just start by unplugging it at the sensor itself, then unplug it and replugging it at the DC controller. Maybe just old, dirty contacts.

Thanks for responding theengel. Unfortunately, PS109 is part of the Reversing Assembly I had replaced. So that covered the sensors and the reseating conns. So I'm down to a faulty harness between the two, the DC Controller it plugs into and possibly the Formatter (signal). Any ideas? Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I would guess the dc controller before anything else. Make sure to unplug every plug going into the DC controller and replugging it in.

If you look around the manual, you should be able to test the signal from that sensor specifically. If the manual shows where the signal comes in to the DC controller, then you could test it with a meter (remember those? LOL)