Technician

What makes a 3015DN duplex?

I have some P3015N that I want to make DN. The N already has the duplex tray in it. So what is needed to make them duplex? a DN formatter?

Everyone selling used parts seems to be selling one style of board for the 3015N so that doesn't make sense.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: What makes a 3015DN duplex?

I don't think you can do that. It needs a duplex tray, and if I remember right, it just doesn't have one.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAtech View Post
    I have some P3015N that I want to make DN. The N already has the duplex tray in it. So what is needed to make them duplex? a DN formatter?

Everyone selling used parts seems to be selling one style of board for the 3015N so that doesn't make sense.
    If the machine has the duplex tray all you need is to tell the driver to duplex.
    As such, I'm going to side with theengel until you can show us the machine actually does already have the duplex tray.
    Sorry about that, but we can't see your machine after all.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Enine board would be one. Posiible duplex rollers and solenoid. Easiest way to see would be go through the parts section of the service manual and each part they list as for duplex and non duplex.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I don't think you can do that. It needs a duplex tray, and if I remember right, it just doesn't have one.
    No, this machine does not have a duplex tray as the likes of the 4250 ect. A look at the service manual disassemble would show the duplex parts and sensor. The poster should do his homework first, that is look at the service manual and the parts manual.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What makes a 3015DN duplex?

Look at the Product Number.

CE527A = NON-duplex
    CE528A = Duplex

If it's CE527A, the parts to "make it" duplex are not already installed. Probably more trouble than it's worth to "make it" something that it's not. Just my two cents.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GAtech View Post

The tray you are referring to is called a duplex media feed assembly, it is install in all models of the P3015 series. Every model other than the "D" series have a non functioning duplex media feed assembly. It's does nothing with the non duplex models, more like a cover, unless you add more parts for duplexing. For starter, you will need to replace the Non Duplex HVPS with a Duplex HVPS and then from there, all the other parts needed to make a duplex machine. Honest opinion, not worth it.
    Last edited by Printerdude; 07-27-2016 at 07:36 PM.