Trusted Tech 50+ Posts tamboknon's Avatar

Hp color laserjet cp4525 68.0 permanent storage full problem

Good day Sir, Im working with this printer Hp color laserjet cp4525 error occurred and noisy in the back part of the printer. I'm still cannot figure out where the noise came from. Any body encountered this problem. TIA

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Hp color laserjet cp4525 68.0 permanent storage full problem

So if you turn everything off, unplug the network/usb cables, and turn it on, does it still come up with an error? If so, I would guess at the formatter. But that's an expensive guess. Never seen that error before, myself. Might see if it's possible to do a firmware upgrade first.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Check the service manual for this machine and see how to format the hardrive on this machine. I would try that first and second the memory dimm. see below for a different model, but same ideas.
    If you are going to do NVRAM INIT as listed below, consult the service manual to see how to initialize the unit properly again.

68.0 PERMANENT STORAGE WRITE FAIL TO CONTINUE PRESS

Description

The NVRAM storage device is failing to write.

Action

• Press (Select) to clear the message and continue.
    • If unexpected behavior occurs, turn the printer off then turn the printer back on again.
    • If the error persists, execute NVRAM initialization.
    • Before initializing NVRAM, print a Configuration page and a supplies status page to gather the following information:
      • Total page count and color page count
      • Transfer kit count
      • Fuser kit count
      • Serial Number

• To initialize NVRAM do the following:
      • Turn the printer on and watch the control panel display.
      • When the display begins showing the memory count, press and hold (Down Arrow) until all three lights on the control panel are lit.
      • Press (Up Arrow).
      • Press PAUSE/RESUME . The display should show SKIP DISK LOAD .
      • Press (Up Arrow) until NVRAM INIT is highlighted.
      • Press (Select). The printer will initialize NVRAM and then continue its power-on sequence

THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts tamboknon's Avatar

Thank you for the reply Sir, so the noise coming from the machine is not related to the error display in the panel. This is also my first time to work on this printer. I will start troubleshooting this unit. Thanks you and Have a great day ahead.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamboknon View Post
    Thank you for the reply Sir, so the noise coming from the machine is not related to the error display in the panel. This is also my first time to work on this printer. I will start troubleshooting this unit. Thanks you and Have a great day ahead.
    Noise comes in various tones and pitches. some like a drill, some like a mice, some like thunder. This is where you become a super tech now and figure out this one. good luck and let us know what you found.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Regarding the 68.0 error, does this error comes up when powering up? Does it clear at all?