Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

HP laser jet 500 mfp 575N error 41.07.12 when printing email

the customer thinks it only happens on email. outlook? said it would print the last page of the request and then code out and ask to be rebooted and call service if it continues. i checked the firmware date code on the copier and its 20150218 but the HP website shows a current date code of 25Feb 2016. they are on a server which i don't mess with. does anyone know what this error indicates and what i might do under these circumstances to rectify the issue? thank you very much for any input. Happy Friday.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP laser jet 500 mfp 575N error 41.07.12 when printing email

41 errors are paper size related. The printer is not detecting the correct paper size.

Make sure the paper tray guides are are set right. Make sure no one likes playing Simon Says with the control panel (ie check the paper type/size on the panel).

Check the rollers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Yeah, feed & sep rollers would be your first step... replacing them.

Customers say some funny things when they're trying to look for a pattern. They don't look for the same things we do, so they pick up on irrelevant stuff--often imagining issues.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've also seen laser issues cause 41.xx.xx codes. I don't see any particular connection to email, unless Outlook's print defaults override the print driver, selecting a different paper tray. Microsoft applications have been know to override the print driver's default settings. What paper sizes do the machine show as available? What actual paper sizes are available? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've also seen laser issues cause 41.xx.xx codes. I don't see any particular connection to email, unless Outlook's print defaults override the print driver, selecting a different paper tray. Microsoft applications have been know to override the print driver's default settings. What paper sizes do the machine show as available? What actual paper sizes are available? =^..^=
    well, the config page shows tray 1 "any size", "any type". tray 2 shows "letter" size and "plain". the dumb thing is, i looked and looked at the service manual, and there is no mention of error codes at all that i can find. i cant imagine why unless there is another supplemental manual for that machine like a users guide that lists them? the machine has been working fine since. i was going to go back to look at the feed rollers, but she said it was fine so i decided to wait. i am perplexed that if there was a simple paper misfeed or jam, why the display would show the error code number and then to turn off the machine and if it repeats to call for service. that would be crazy in light of the fact that if the machine were under the one year warranty, HP would be getting all these calls for a jam. don't make sense??