I'm posting this just as a FYI in case anyone else comes across it.. because it bit me in the tail.

I had a Z6100 that would give a 43:10 error on startup. The service manual I had says to replace the vacuum fan. If that's not it, replace the PrintMech PCA. This is incorrect!

I discovered there are 2 versions of the Z6100 service manual. A first edition from March 2007, and a second edition from May 2008. In the second addition, it says to replace the Interconnect PCA first, then the fan, then the PrintMech PCA.

Well of course I replaced the vacuum fan first, which is a joy, and still had the error. When it suggested the PrintMech PCA next, I sort of paused and wondered why the interconnect wasn't suggested. After I checked with my friend at HP, I realized the Interconnect PCA should have been tried first.. which led me to discover there are 2 versions of the manual.

End result; it was the Interconnect PCA. Not the vacuum fan.

Ironically, the printer really could use a new vacuum fan. After I put the old one back in (joy #2) it was noisy as hell but the customer didn't want the new fan if they didn't have to replace it. At least I'll have one on-hand for when it does die.

I found the newer version of the service manual here.

Kiran