Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HO Designjet T2300 Reload Paper Error

I have a customer who will continually get the reload paper error when changing out rolls. They have had another company working on it and after much fiddling and new firmware the tech said that he got it, however after that roll ran out it is back to the same problem. It is in a dirty environment (job shack) and I was wondering if anyone would have some input. We are mainly a Kyocera dealer and I have worked on wide formats before and I do have the service manual. This particular customer is a large one for us on the copier side so I would like to help them out.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HO Designjet T2300 Reload Paper Error

HP designjet T2500

Perhaps related?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HO Designjet T2300 Reload Paper Error

Re: HO Designjet T2300 Reload Paper Error

Can you be more specific about the order of events leading to having to reload the paper? Is it forcing them to reload the other roll that was previously correctly loaded? Or something else?

Other than what's in the other thread, I don't have anything to add. But these printers seem to be cursed somehow. I have a customer with one and it keeps ripping out the starwheels and causing paper jams. After removing a bunch, I ended up replacing the starwheel assembly, and not a week went by before it did it again. Personally I think someone is trying to lift or pull on the paper as it's coming out of the printer, but they insist they don't touch it while it's printing.

Kiran