Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: error 99.09.67

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: error 99.09.67

They have updated the swing gear. Look at the M600 compared to the 4200.

When it comes to desktop printers, there's not much alternative. Brothers are crap, Samsung is only a little better, Lexmark are a good alternative but their ctgs are expensive.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    They have updated the swing gear. Look at the M600 compared to the 4200.

When it comes to desktop printers, there's not much alternative. Brothers are crap, Samsung is only a little better, Lexmark are a good alternative but their ctgs are expensive.
    What i was referring to as to the swing gear assy is the fact that they knew about the problem, but they continue to put those same inferior gears on the machines they produced in subsequent years. This went on for years. They did not modify the gear material and continued to sell the part with no improvement. In fact third party supplier, made metal gears and did their own improvements. HP sells more mainboards that any other. every second problem with an HP i hear the guys run to replace the formatter.
    There are alternatives. Kyocera makes excellent desktop printers, so do lexmark and i heard of dell making some decent printers. Cost, Hp ctgs are not cheap and may be the most expensive of all.
    In the early days, Hp machines worked well with applications and had less hicups than others and the IT guys demanded them. Others have caught up.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    error 99.09.67

I have a feeling you're looking at a new formatter board and/or possibly hd.
    Doubtful it's the formatter, just the SSD or HDD from my experience with this error. Most users just opt for the standard SSD (8GB) rather than the HDD. Problem is, these SSD's are hard to get. The last one I ordered from HP took a month and a half to get! I'm not sure what the problem is with getting them. They are just a small square board with a chip on it with a SATA type connector (Data & Power), manufactured by SanDisk if I remember.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Doubtful it's the formatter, just the SSD or HDD from my experience with this error. Most users just opt for the standard SSD (8GB) rather than the HDD. Problem is, these SSD's are hard to get. The last one I ordered from HP took a month and a half to get! I'm not sure what the problem is with getting them. They are just a small square board with a chip on it with a SATA type connector (Data & Power), manufactured by SanDisk if I remember.
    That's good to know... I often tell customers both because I don't want to come back twice with different expensive parts.