Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HP 5500ps Media profile

Well Its died, I Bought a new hard drive and now the plotter is asking for Media profile, which Ive downloaded it, but the computer which actually had the SMU is gone.

So Now i need a copy of the CD that came with the plotter, Does anyone have a ISO they can rip, since HP doesnt not have the CD rom in inventory, Im reaching out here hoping someone will have it.

and Rip the cd into an ISO so i can make a copy of it.

Thanks

This is the HP 5500PS 42 inch. Almost 12 years old( I think )

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 5500ps Media profile

Re: HP 5500ps Media profile

I think you can upload them through the web interface, per the instructions from HP:

• Open your web browser and type the IP address for your printer.
    • Choose “Settings” tab and “Media profile update”
    • Choose “Browse” and select the download “pdw” file
    • Click the Update button. Wait as the download process may take some time.
    • Check to make sure the new Media Profile appears in the front panel list of your HP Designjet 5500 Printer.

I remember just copying them at a DOS prompt to the printer over a parallel cable, too.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    I think you can upload them through the web interface, per the instructions from HP:

• Open your web browser and type the IP address for your printer.
    • Choose “Settings” tab and “Media profile update”
    • Choose “Browse” and select the download “pdw” file
    • Click the Update button. Wait as the download process may take some time.
    • Check to make sure the new Media Profile appears in the front panel list of your HP Designjet 5500 Printer.

I remember just copying them at a DOS prompt to the printer over a parallel cable, too.

Kiran

I did try that, but the web interface only last about 5 minutes, then goes into http:500 error. Its really wierd Im leaning toward a bad motherboard, the machine goes thru the whole process of getting ready, then fails after going to ready.
    then web interface fails, but i dont think there is a setting all i see is a networking and a general tab. i have to look again ill report back. what is the command to do it thru dos, i think that works because i did successfully upgrade the firmware with a paralell cable. but not sure about media profile.

Thanks for the response.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 5500ps Media profile

Odd. I would try another network card.. they're incredibly flaky. Or just remove it for testing, see if the printer behaves without it.

You copy the profiles to the printer in DOS via a parallel cable using: copy filename.ext lpt1 /b

So for example, if you download the DYE Bond Coated Paper Presets, and unzip it, you have 11 .pdw files. You can copy them all at once using: copy *.pdw lpt1 /b

You do this from the folder/directory where you unzipped the files. I'd make a folder off the C: drive called hp or something easy to get to.

Kiran