Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question HP OfficeJet Pro X576dw error code C18A000A

This is what I found out about the code.

The spittoon level is too full during OOBE. The product may be attempting a second OOBE.
    This is a very rare error condition. If this error occurs, replace the product. If this error occurs during a printbar replacement, then replace the product.

Ok I get all that but for clarification am I correct in saying that this

is the spittoon they are referring to?

I watched a video on youtube about print head cleaning and the guy there said it could be cleaned out by rinsing in out in the sink (nasty).

If so does it work? Will it solve the problem?

The company I work for is replacing the machine I am just wondering so if I come up against this again is there a fix or is replacing the machine the answer?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro X576dw error code C18A000A

If I understand what you are asking about correctly, the spittoon you speak of is where the print head is at when the printer isn't printing. That unit cleans the print head after a print job and catches any ink that may accidentally be leaked when the machine isn't printing (if the machine is operating properly, that amount of ink will be outrageously small, but after a while it does add up).
    Sorry if I am mistaken.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP OfficeJet Pro X576dw error code C18A000A

I believe, yes, that's the spitoon. If I'm not mistaken, that's also the duplexer? I may be wrong. I've only looked at two of these in the past.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Iowatech; your answer makes the most sense and it also explains why when you remove the ink cartridges the machine boots up into the regular menu screen and why HP says replace the product.
    The waste system is so clogged up there's no hope of cleaning up the mess.

Thanks for the clarification I feel better now about it.

123hpsetup 8710

HP Officejet Pro 8710 Setup

Hello. The problem with hp officejet pro x476dw. When you turn when he begins to check cartridges, a blue screen with an error C18A000A. After that, all the buttons are flashing on the screen and writes: Printer Error . Turn off and then turn on the printer . Without cartridges or cartridges with all switched on and working, but as soon as insert all four , again a blue screen with the same error . Download the latest firmware , try to install , but says that the printer is busy . What could be the reason? What can be done ?
    HP Officejet Pro X476dw purchased June 2013. windows xp operating system.
    Printer Not working. When given a print "order", via computer or copy button on printer, Gives me error message: Printer failure. There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Error code 0xc6fd0213.
    Sometimes spits out a blank piece of paper.

HP Officejet Pro 8710 Setup