Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Z3200  86.01  error

Z3200 86.01 error

Have HP Z3200 that gets 86.01. It started out with a 44.10 fan problem. Replaced the fan and no fan errors. Now stat up printer and it goes all the way to Ready for paper. When paper feeds in no matter if its sheet or roll the carriage comes out about 8 inches from the waste station and stops with 86.01. Checked the belt,cleaned encoder,checked rear bushing and lubed rail. Ran all scan axis tests and they pass. With the right cover off i can put a little pressure on the carriage and get it to load a successful sheet or roll of paper and the make a print. All teeth on belt have been checked. There seems to be a little slop in carriage bushing but never had problem before until the fan problem. Like i said it only does it loading paper when the carriage is coming out of the waste station. Can't find binds in carriage or damage to edge of paper. Please help. Read every post i could find and nothing works. Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Z3200 86.01 error

Designjet Z3200 86:01 error

I ended up replacing carriage with trailing cables. That's what actually fixed it. It had almost the same symptoms. It wouldn't wait for me to install paper though. It just came up with the error as the carriage left the service station.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Z3200  86.01  error

I would replace the encoder strip first, being it's the least expensive part involved. Or at a minimum take it out and hold it up to a light and make sure the marks aren't damaged around where the carriage stops. At least if it's not the strip, you won't have replaced the carriage and trailing cable, only to find out it's the encoder strip after.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Z3200  86.01  error

OK Thanks. Am ordering a belt and top bushing. I will pull out the encoder tomorrow. Let you know what i find. Thanks Again

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Z3200  86.01  error

Get a new belt,encoder and carriage bushing. Have not put them in yet. Like i said when i load a sheet of roll it goes to Ready for Paper. I put in another service station fan just to have the correct one in there. Still got the 86.01. If i put a little upward pressure on the fan area of the service station it will load the paper without a 86.01 . Where is the spot the service station out of position? Thanks for any help.

Z3200  86.01  error

Quote Originally Posted by pudgi300 View Post
    If i put a little upward pressure on the fan area of the service station it will load the paper without a 86.01 . Where is the spot the service station out of position? Thanks for any help.
    Sounds like the service station is not mounted correctly. Loosen the screws and make sure it's installed correctly.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Z3200  86.01  error

Ok went in today and replaced the encoder. No change get 86.01. Looked at old encoder and it looks fine. When the carriage stops it is 85mm from the right side home position. Like i said before a little upward pressure on fan area and carriage will move and load paper Ok. Also pressure on carriage will help it load OK. Took service station out and no problems found. What can be wrong . It did not seem out of position and i made sure it was flush. Help

ran out of gloss enhancer while working on it. Is there a way around so i can still test machine?

Z3200  86.01  error

If you've identified that either pushing on the service station or carriage has something to do with it, then I'd say you've narrowed it down to something involving one or the other.

Drop the service station down out of the way and have someone hold it while you try to load paper. If it works, then something in the service station is interfering with the carriage motion.

You just have to rule out things until you find it.

I don't know if it's possible to take the carriage rail bushings out and put them in upside down as I've seen people do on the 500/800s. If you've taken then out, I'd make sure you put them back in the right orientation. They should NEVER be removed, normally.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Z3200  86.01  error

Ya kind of thought that myself. I should have done my test when i had it out. Now the gloss enhancer is empty. Not sure if it can be disabled in color mgt. Will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for all you help and very quick response.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Drop the service station down out of the way and have someone hold it while you try to load paper. If it works, then something in the service station is interfering with the carriage motion.

Even in thisscenario, it could be something in the carriage. Like, as you mentioned, the bushing beingwrong. Or something broken and hanging.

Hey does anyone elsehave this problem: in some of the threads (only some), when I try to reply, myspacebar doesn't work. I have to type iton a text pad, and copy and paste in order to reply.