Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designjet T2300

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Designjet T2300

Designjet T2300

Just got a call in for a Designjet T2300 getting an 86:01. Never worked on a T2300 before. Any friendly hints or tricks beyond the normal (jammed in paper, belt) to look for?

The description I got was: "Plotter reset itself and went through diagnostics test and giving message that it "found a failing part - error code 86:01"".

Haven't looked at it yet.

Thanks in advance!
    Lance

Designjet T2300

Re: Designjet T2300

It's probably the belt.

The T2300 is little odd with the scanner built into the top of it but it's just another T-series printer otherwise. If you've done a belt on a T610/T1100/etc.. you won't find any surprises.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I've worked for days on 86:01. But then, sometimes you get lucky. Yesterday I had one where I walked in, properly closed the printhead latch, and it was ready to go.

Designjet T2300

Turns out it was a super simple problem once I figured out how to open the "top cover". They were also saying it was telling them the scanner needs to be cleaned or something and it "resets" (whatever that means). I'm going to look at the user manual and see what it says about cleaning the scanner.

Gunk on the encoder strip. Loads of 87:01 errors.

Designjet T2300

Hmm! But why was there gunk on the encoder strip??

And I have to admit, the first time I stood in front of one, I couldn't find the latch to lift the scanner. I had to have the customer show me.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

the first time I stood in front of one, I couldn't find the latch to lift the scanner. I had to have the customer show me.
    Don't you love those moments?

That got me thinking:

The New-Age Tech

Designjet T2300

Ugh.....

Got a call back about the "rebooting" I mentioned.

Noticed sporadic 79:04 errors in the log. On my reply back, I mentioned this could be caused by application/document/driver. Plotter has the latest firmware available. Do you think they would research that part of it???? Of course not! I have no responsibility whatsoever on the PC side.

My question now is, is there anything PLOTTER-WISE that could sporadically cause 79:04's?

Designjet T2300

There's a whole section in the service manual regarding 79:04. It's a generic firmware error and could be caused by a variety of things.

If it's happening when they're printing, then it's job related.

I've had a -lot- of issues with people using Adobe Reader to print PDFs (and not just lately. More like since the dawn of time.) If your user is printing PDFs have them try Foxit Reader instead. Other than that I would just follow the troubleshooting in the manual, but it's mostly a matter of trial and error to see what's causing the problem.

Kiran

Designjet T2300

Of course as expected, it's going to be an application/document/driver issue.

Here's what's what......

Someone (unknown process) scans architectural drawings and uploads them to some proprietary "storage/viewing/printing" system called DigialPaper. DigitalPaper is just a webapp with built in viewing & printing (not sure if they can edit anything). The PC that was having the issue yesterday has the GL/2 driver installed (model specific, not UPD). The user wasn't there, so, a user with administrative rights logged on (may or may not make a difference) and no problems! It printed two of these scans from this DigitalPaper system.

I knew this wasn't going to be anything with the plotter. I wish people would read E-Mails, as I explained things THEY would have to look at! It's always a hardware problem........

Sorry for the rant guys, it's frustrating.

Probably won't be the last I hear about this.

I printed the whole section on the 79:04 error and how to troubleshoot it and gave it to the contact today. Unfortunately, we can't magically appear onsite when an error happens. They now have something to look at and possibly track the problem down with.

Designjet T2300

I knew I'd see this again. User complaining of the SAME issue. I'm giving them pricing for a new formatter and HDD as they are asking for. We are not able to troubleshoot application/document/content/driver issues. Hardware only. I'm overwhelmed, however.

Should I give pricing for CN727-67044 - T2300 Formatter w/ HDD SV or CN727-67042 - T2300 Formatter w/o HDD SV and swap the HDD or CN727-67037 - Zelig SATA HDD w/ FW SV???

What are the ramifications if both the formatter & HDD are replaced together?

Thanks!!