Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP LaserJet M4345MFP tray 2 no feed

HP LaserJet M4345MFP will not feed paper out of tray 2. Replaced the pick up and feed rollers. When I removed the torque limiter it fed paper but often fed multiple sheets, of course. So I put in a new torque limiter, but it still will not feed paper out of the tray. Any one else see this problem?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: HP LaserJet M4345MFP tray 2 no feed

Might not hurt to try a different brand or type of paper. Or at least make sure there isn't some glue from the ream wrapper on the leading edge of the stack in the drawer.
    Also, if you didn't replace the separation roller with the feed roller, you should do that at your earliest convenience. The feed and separation rollers are the same part number.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Might not hurt to try a different brand or type of paper. Or at least make sure there isn't some glue from the ream wrapper on the leading edge of the stack in the drawer.
    Also, if you didn't replace the separation roller with the feed roller, you should do that at your earliest convenience. The feed and separation rollers are the same part number.
    Oh yeah, I have seen the excess glue on reams much more often lately. I tried new paper and a different paper tray. And I did replace the sep roller with the feed roller. When I put the torque limiter in it doesn't feed 1 sheet. It doesn't even take it part way out of the tray with the old or the new torque limiter!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

open the door for the tray on the right side with the tray removed and check that the white lever that pivots the sep roller shaft when you close the drawer. it should be tensioned with a spring. I have seen the spring break and cause feed issues.

4345.JPG
    I am pointing to it with my pen in the upside down picture (oops)

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    open the door for the tray on the right side with the tray removed and check that the white lever that pivots the sep roller shaft when you close the drawer. it should be tensioned with a spring. I have seen the spring break and cause feed issues.

4345.JPG
    I am pointing to it with my pen in the upside down picture (oops)
    I checked this spring and lever out thoroughly, everything looks good but it still doesn't feed. I am inclined to replace the pickup drive assy.(RM1-0034). I hesitate because it feeds when I remove the torque limiter.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP LaserJet M4345MFP tray 2 no feed

I am inclined to replace the pickup drive assy.
    I'm thinking the same thing at this point. Did you check the pickup solenoid by chance? Wouldn't make sense since it picks without the torque limiter, though.