Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

hp M476nw, jam in output bin

When I started looking at it, it powered up to a jam in output bin. No paper in machine, and I checked the actuators. Seemed very hard to get the jam to clear. When I got it to clear, I went to make a copy and without pulling the paper showed the jam again. I then tripped the back door switch and tried to make a copy with the door open and it pulled a sheet and spit out the back. Was able to get the jam cleared again, by slamming the door several times, then it made 25 copies, then showed the output jam. I then assumed the issue was with the rear door switch. Had to take all covers and scanner off to remove the left side cover and get to the switch. I bent the arm a little so it would make better contact, put it back together and it made 10 copies, then showed the output jam. The only help the service manual has been was to disassemble. My question is, would the rear door switch cause all of this, or do I have 2 issues. I am hoping someone else has fought this issue.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: hp M476nw, jam in output bin

What is the error message your getting?
    I have mainly had problems with the pu roller. The feed and exit area are basically in that same area.
    Definitely look at rollers. 13.0000 errors are the pu roller/sep.
    Also there are guides that get out of wack and I have had the fusers cause jamming in that area.
    Izzy

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

not actually jamming. tells me there is a jam in output bin, no jam code. and keeps telling me back door is open. Is really hard to clear the jam message and when I do, if I put pressure on door where switch is, I can run lots of copies and when the last one comes out, it says jam in output bin.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp M476nw, jam in output bin

This is one of those printers that "don't have parts available". Have you tried updating the firmware to the latest available? Seems firmware sometimes fixes what looks like a hardware issue on these POS printers.