Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Question HP DJ 500 stuck in initializing.

Going to a service call soon for this. Any ideas to guide me in the right direction would be absolutely awesome.

Thank you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP DJ 500 stuck in initializing.

Re: HP DJ 500 stuck in initializing.

Stuck how? What's on the display?

Remove all of the consumables (ink and printheads) and see if it starts.

Kiran

Afternoon Kiran!

Well, I went there. Printer didn't want to turn off. So I unplugged a third party parallel to Ethernet print server adapter from the DJ, unplugged machine and it rebooted fine. Says it needs ink.

Plugged the print server again and it booted fine. After a few mins I got a 21:10.

We'll quote them a service station, and a jet direct card, I'm still concerned about that print server adapter. Why not just use OEM products designed for the machine?

Anyway, that's my opinion. Let me know what you think, says in your profile your a DJ expert. Your thoughts are highly appreciated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

21:10 is indeed likely the service station. If it's very dirty the best solution is to just replace it. Seems to be the #1 service item lately, next to the belt.

Considering you can get a jet direct card off ebay for about $10 or less, I've never understood why people use those parallel adapters. Probably they just didn't know any better.

If the printer was just hung/locked up, and unplugging it fixed it, then I'd just chalk it up to a one time event. Unless it happens repeatedly it would be hard to troubleshoot.

Kiran

Thank you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Fixed a 21:10 on an 800 by removing all consumables, turning it back on, putting consumables back in when it asks for them, then, updating the firmware. Just a thought. With the latest firmware, it stops looking for that fan.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Fixed a 21:10 on an 800 by removing all consumables, turning it back on, putting consumables back in when it asks for them, then, updating the firmware. Just a thought. With the latest firmware, it stops looking for that fan.
    I don't think the 800 looks for the fan. This might come back on you. The 21:11 error is from the fan. I think the service station error 21:10 is usually due to ink getting gummed up and things not moving correctly. I generally take them apart, scrub the dickens out of them, and reassemble--sometimes I put a drop of oil in certain spots.

From the HP document about the 21:10 error:

System error 21:10 indicates a problem with the Service Station; it might get sticky and sluggish, however, there are some steps to perform before replacing this part. It is recommended that a closer inspection of the assembly be made, because a high percentage of Service Stations removed for this error are found to actually function correctly.

New replacement Service Stations do not have a built-in Aerosol fan. Older Firmware (FW) will check for the presence of the Aerosol fan, thus causing another system error. To overcome this, upgrade the FW to the latest version. The printer FW must be upgraded to version A.02.04 or higher for a new (no fan) Service Station to work properly. The latest FW versions clears the fan error.

We're both on the same track.

The service station on mine didn't look really, really bad. Sure, it had the normal build-up, but, was working great.