Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    14

    HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Hi folks,
    as my customer wants to re-visit this repair, he dropped it off to me 4 months ago to replace belt, so I never did get to test it first, as belt was broke, after replacing the belt, I got this error code with lights lit up "ready + "align" + "media", and "load media" also lit. this of course after I hit "cancel" button, for the sub- code.He told me not to go any further at that time, now has changed his mind, wants to fix it cause of software issues. I did check bail movement, after initial rotation, or warm up process, the bail mechanism does move up, and back down, which I'm guessing is the proper movement..I'm thinking the carriage unit, as thats what I recalled 4 months ago was next item to replace. But any other input will be welcomed...Thanks !!
    Jaime
    I.C.S.


  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Looking at error lights "ready"+"align media" + "load media" are green,"media" is red


  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP Designjet 430  error code help

    Kiran Otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    The error group suggests a problem with the bail lift. Is the carriage hitting it after it raises and lowers?

    Kiran

    firefox_2017-01-24_15-34-15.jpg


  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    The error group suggests a problem with the bail lift. Is the carriage hitting it after it raises and lowers?

    Kiran
    hi Kiran,
    no , after power on, carriage goes to the right, then back home, it hits sensor arm, bail goes up slightly then down, carriage studders a little, then it codes out. Seems like the carriage hits the bail sensor, as its suppose to, then shudders to find home position..I just got the machine back yesterday, so I'm going to try to figure this out , again. but any recommendations or help is very welcome !..Thanks..Jaime
    firefox_2017-01-24_15-34-15.jpg


  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP Designjet 430  error code help

    Kiran Otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Make sure the encoder strip is clean, and not damaged. If you hold it up to the light you can see the little marks that the carriage reads. If someone has tried cleaning it too aggressively or with any kind of solvent, the marks can be removed leaving clear patches which throws off the carriage positioning.

    The bail should not be lifted during startup.

    Does the printer search for the white marker on the end of the platen? Here's a video of one starting up correctly. https://youtu.be/TbW6wyF1rFQ

    Kiran


  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP Designjet 430  error code help

    Kiran Otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Something else; check that the bail cable isn't broken. The little lever that the carriage tugs on which pulls the cable; you can move it with your finger and feel the tension. It's pulling a very tiny cable that can sometimes break. I believe the system briefly tests the tension on startup, and if it doesn't sense any, you'll get your error.

    Kiran


  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Something else; check that the bail cable isn't broken. The little lever that the carriage tugs on which pulls the cable; you can move it with your finger and feel the tension. It's pulling a very tiny cable that can sometimes break. I believe the system briefly tests the tension on startup, and if it doesn't sense any, you'll get your error.

    Kiran
    Yeah...I did check cable it was o.k.,now the bail does come up, just a few mm's, could the cable be stretched..? or I dont recall if there is any tension adjustment on it..I couldnt get into service mode 2, which doesnt make sense, why have a service mode, if you cant access, if theres an error, I did perform bail test in service meode 1, and it works, but leds remain lit..even though carriage returns, bail moves up, slightly, then down...


  8. #8
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP Designjet 430  error code help

    Kiran Otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Can you load paper? Does the bail raise and lower during that process?

    Kiran


  9. #9
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP Designjet 430  error code help

    Kiran Otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Btw, you can't enter service mode 2 if there's an error upon initialization. If you did the bail cycle test in mode 1 and it only lifts slightly, then there's something wrong with the bail cable or clutch assembly, or the carriage is not positioned correctly and not pulling that lever enough and engaging the clutch. I don't think the cable can stretch, it's stranded steel. However the balls on the ends are pressed on and could come off I suppose.

    When you do the bail test in mode 1, watch how much the carriage pulls that lever. I recall it had to be lifted straight up. If it's not, the carriage is in the wrong position.

    Kiran


  10. #10
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: HP Designjet 430 error code help

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Btw, you can't enter service mode 2 if there's an error upon initialization. If you did the bail cycle test in mode 1 and it only lifts slightly, then there's something wrong with the bail cable or clutch assembly, or the carriage is not positioned correctly and not pulling that lever enough and engaging the clutch. I don't think the cable can stretch, it's stranded steel. However the balls on the ends are pressed on and could come off I suppose.

    When you do the bail test in mode 1, watch how much the carriage pulls that lever. I recall it had to be lifted straight up. If it's not, the carriage is in the wrong position.

    Kiran
    Hi K...
    so I just did bail test in service mode 1, carriage goes to the right, comes back, hits the black lever, that has the cable attached to it, it just pops up quickly,enough for the gears on the right sight to quickly engage, then releases..so the bail comes up just slightly, then back down. according the manaual, the "best" led should light, if it passes, thats doesnt happen. As far as the carriage not being correctly installed, man, I dont see how I could have that in the wrong position, it goes on the rail, with bar code in correct position...is it possible the belt not positioned correctly?...or what can I check to be sure its in properly...as the carriage does move smoothly..I'm thinking the carriage itself gone bad...?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here