Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

HP MFP M4555 Enterprise tray problem.

We got this machine giving a "insert delivery tray" errors randomly. At first i thought it was a faulty or dirty sensor, but after inspection i noticed one of the clips on the tray side looks strange, picture attached.

On one side the clip is just perfectly shaped like a shark´s tooth, the other side is flat, weird thing is, its so perfectly flat that im not sure if it is actually broken, or if it is supposed to be that way since it doesnt look worn out or chipped, its just FLAT.

Wondering if any of you guys has one of these machines and can compare the shape of the clips just to be sure if they are supposed to be the same or not. everything points at it being broken tho, since the machine is also jamming a lot on the same side as the "flat" clip is, my guess is tray is broken, paper guides are missaligned due to the lack of pressure on the inside guides and it jams.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: HP MFP M4555 Enterprise tray problem.

just checked one here in my shop and the frond side is flat as in your picture

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    Thats interesting, so there must be something else causing the tray to be loose and giving the error, if i apply the minimum pressure on the tray like what will actually happen when theres 50 prints over it, the tray pops out only on the right side.

Also just noticed if i apply pressure with my hand on the right side of the tray, theres no jams after 30 prints. If i let go it jams on the very first print.

weird stuff.

EDIT: Just took some pics of the jam, paper gets stuck after coming out of the fuser and goes to the delivery tray, looks like something is missaligned on the inside of that paper guide.

Cleaned all the rollers, all of them rotate just fine, nothing seems broken and it doesnt make any crackling sound, it just jams everything.
    Last edited by LTTP; 02-13-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi sorry to bother you but, do you think it would be possible for you to just take a picture of both clips? client is convinced one of them is broken since it looks flat, but i just want to show him it isn't and that´s just the way the are.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

No problem, what are the jam codes you are getting ?
    IMG_0241.JPGIMG_0243.JPG

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

"insert delivery tray" errors randomly. At first i thought it was a faulty or dirty sensor

I would go back to the sensor. The latch or what ever holds it in position or if it is doing it whilst just sitting there it is the switch i would think. my 2 cents.
    Izzy

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

No problem, what are the jam codes you are getting ?
    IMG_0241.JPGIMG_0243.JPG
    error says delay, ive cleaned all the rollers and they dont look worn out, that delay i think is caused abviously because paper gets bitten just above the fuser delivery guide, its like something gets missaligned on the right side of the output tray, but i cant find what it is since everything looks normal, nothing busted or stuck, rollers move freely.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP MFP M4555 Enterprise tray problem.

Something sticky on the underside (closest to the printer) "grabbing" the paper? Had something similar on a P40xx. Paper would crumple (not bad, but enough to cause jam) behind tray 1. Removed the tray, looked at it. Didn't see anything. Put all back together. Same thing. Took apart again and REALLY looked it over. Found a tiny piece of label that had ripped off.