Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hp 4015 loud noise

So I have a hp4015 that has a loud noise when I use tray 2, when using the bypass its quiet.
    fuser gears are fine, swing gears are good, only thing i see that is worn are the tray 2 feed pulleys, but its not jamming out of tray 2.
    can the worn tires cause a noise? Ideas please!!

Technician

Re: hp 4015 loud noise

Check separation clutch (torque limiter). It could be dragging causing the noise.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    hp 4015 loud noise

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    So I have a hp4015 that has a loud noise when I use tray 2, when using the bypass its quiet.
    fuser gears are fine, swing gears are good, only thing i see that is worn are the tray 2 feed pulleys, but its not jamming out of tray 2.
    can the worn tires cause a noise? Ideas please!!
    what kind of load noise? squeal.... moan...gear rattle?

worn feeds will make a sound a moaning

bushings in feed will squeal

and gear.. well nuff said there

Have you checked the paper feed assy. & registration assy. also the T-2 clutch? You have to remove T-1 multi-pass in order to get a good lQQk at the assembly. Or it could be a bad paper tray?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

You say the swing gears are fine, but does that mean you replaced them? The way most machines are set up, they run faster out of tray 2 than tray 1, and those swing plate gears (along with the fuser gears) make the noise. You can't really see the hidden white gear in the swing plate ass., so the only way to know it's fine is replace it. Also, the worn bushings on the press roller on the fuser unit can make it loud. An old or a cheaply refurbed fuser can be loud, even though you can't see anything wrong with the gears. What happens is that the fuser gear isn't pressing up against the swing plate gear hard enough to get a good fit, and it grinds. Eventually, it'll skip and jam.

If it has more than 500,000 on it, I'd start with the swing plate ass. Kind of a pain on this model.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Definitely swing plate and Fuser. These machines are extremely loud right out of the box. Check not only the wear on the Brown gears teeth (up against the fuser) But check the wobble. They wear out where it rides on the shaft of the swing plate. If you really need more help here's an article and video on replacing the swing plate.

https://diyoffice.wordpress.com/2015...ustainability/
    Izzy