Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cp2025 sometimes will have blanks areas where colors should be----black always ok

Thumbs up cp2025 sometimes will have blanks areas where colors should be----black always ok

Customer has color CP2025
    Not often but enough to be bothersome, the areas where colors would be printed are all blank and the black is always printed.
    Also happens sometimes when demo sheet is printed so not a software issue, i assume.

Any experts advice on this is most appreciated. Frank/AP

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: cp2025 sometimes will have blanks areas where colors should be----black always ok

Transfer belts will do that on the older machines, but I'm not sure about these... I haven't come across it yet. Hopefully, someone else here has, but if no one offers an opinion, I would probably start with the transfer unit. You can always say, "It needs a transfer belt, but it might need more than that... I won't know until I replace the transfer unit."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: cp2025 sometimes will have blanks areas where colors should be----black always ok

Would look at the color dev engagement sensor on the main drive and the solenoid as well. May be sticking.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    cp2025 sometimes will have blanks areas where colors should be----black always ok

I concur with theengle ... ITB first. also have you checked the upper fixing roller?

The reason I would question the transfer belt is because it only leave out the color. It always shows the black. If
    it was the transfer wouldn't the whole page be blank including the black?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axyun View Post
    The reason I would question the transfer belt is because it only leave out the color. It always shows the black. If
    it was the transfer wouldn't the whole page be blank including the black?
    not really the trans belt has 4 charge rollers ( 1 each color ) the charge roller/contacts could be bad or there could be flat spots on the rollers... or the belt could be worn/damaged.

Thumbs up Re: cp2025 sometimes will have blanks areas where colors should be----black always ok

Thanks for the info Phil , Theengel Elmtech. I will keep you informed of any progress.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Yeah, make sure to let us know, as I've not seen this problem on this model before.