Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HP Laserjet 400 Pro M451nw

I have a great running 451 but the color calibration is off. I ran the calibration about twelve times but it's still off. I set the machine back to defaults, and keep running the calibration. The colors seem way off, what can I do?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP Laserjet 400 Pro M451nw

Quote Originally Posted by T6895 View Post
    I have a great running 451 but the color calibration is off. I ran the calibration about twelve times but it's still off. I set the machine back to defaults, and keep running the calibration. The colors seem way off, what can I do?
    when you say "Way off" is it mis-regesiterd ... color balance ? blues where red should be?

can you post examples?

other than calibration what have you tried?

is the customer using OEM or compatible toners?

Here is the Diagnostic page, I tried reseating the ITB also.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

HP Color LaserJet CP2025, CM2320, M351/M451, M375/M475 MFP and M476 MFP Printer Series- CPR (Color Plane Registration) Issue

Color LaserJet CM2320MFP and LJ Pro M351/M451 NVRAM init Instructions
    Color LaserJet CP2025 NVRAM init Instructions
    LaserJet Pro Color MFP M375/M475, M476 NVRAM init Instructions

Issue

Some users have reported a color misalignment issue on CP2025, CM2320, M351/M451, or M375/M475 MFP series printers. This could occur in different colors. This is being reported on both internal pages, and other documents being sent to the printer.

Solution

The following could be causes for CPR (Color Plane Registration):

• Third party toner cartridge.
    • Damaged ITB.
    • Damaged or contaminated Color misregistration sensor.
    • Color calibration values are not matching stored values.

It is important to verify if any of the noted parts could be damaged or causing damage within the printer. Inspect is the Color sensor assembly. It should be inspected for contamination and any material that could cover the sensor. Check the ITB for any damage or contamination.
    The following images show ITB damage and print-outs of CPR:

The user needs to try the steps listed below in order to resolve this issue:

• Verify the toner cartridges being used are HP or third party. If third party toner cartridges are being used, then HP recommends replacing those with HP toner and test.
    • Inspect the ITB for any damage. Replace the ITB if any damage is found during inspection.
    • Check and clean the Color misregistration sensor assembly. If necessary, replace the Color sensor assembly.
    • Perform a full color calibration.
    • Perform an NVRAM init reset.
      NOTE: An NVRAM init reset removes all configured settings, removes page counts, and resets the printer back to default mode. On older models it could remove the serial number from the device.

If the above parts are inspected, replaced, or cleaned and there is no improvement, verify the electrical connections from the ITB and Color misregistration sensor to the formatter. Reseat all connections if in doubt.
    Parts to be replaced:
    NOTE: Part numbers can change without notice. Always verify part numbers in HP PartSurfer .

Device Description HP Part # Customer Self Replacable?
    CP2025, CM2320 Color misregistration sensor assembly RM1-4850-000CN No
    M351/451, M375/475, M476 Color misregistration sensor assembly RM1-8029-000CN No
    CP2025, CM2320, M351/M451, M375/M475, M476 Intermediate transfer belt (ITB) assembly RM2-0192-000CN No

Color LaserJet CM2320MFP and LJ Pro M351/M451 NVRAM init Instructions

Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:
    • All menu settings are reset to factory default values.
    • All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.

CAUTION: All onboard network settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before restoring defaults. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You might need to restore the IP address after an NVRAM initialization. After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product. Uninstall and then reinstall the product software on the computers.

• Turn the product off.
    • Simultaneously press the right arrow button and the Cancel button. Hold these buttons as you turn the product on.
    • When Permanent storage init. appears on the display, release both buttons. When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state

Color LaserJet CP2025 NVRAM init Instructions

CAUTION: All HP Jetdirect settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before performing an NVRAM initialization. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You need to restore the IP address after performing an NVRAM initialization.

Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:

After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product so that the computers can recognize the product.

• Turn the product off.
    • Simultaneously press the Right arrow button and the X button. Keep these buttons depressed as you turn the product on.
    • When Permanent storage init. appears on the display, release both buttons.
    • When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

LaserJet Pro Color MFP M375/M475, M476 NVRAM init Instructions

CAUTION: All HP Jetdirect settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before performing an NVRAM initialization. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You need to restore the IP address after performing an NVRAM initialization.

After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product so that the computers can recognize the product.

• With the device off, press and hold the lower right quadrant of the touch screen.

• Power on the device.
    • When you see the message Permanent storage init., release the button. When the NVRAM init has been completed, the device will return to the Ready state.

I removed and cleaned the sensor,inspected the drawer and ITB. Preformed INIT. the toners are third party however. There has been no change in the output, I guess the next step will be the sensor.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

I have had to replace the ITB for this issue, and note that I didn't see any damage.

https://diyoffice.wordpress.com/2015...451dn-printer/
    Izzy

Here is the Diagnostic page, I tried reseating the ITB also.
    did you try color registration?

yes many times.

yes many times.
    you said COLOR CALIBRATION.. you did not mention REGISTRATION two different processes

Yes, registration is in x and y axis, color registration is the lining up of c,m,y,k and