Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hp officejet pro x576 "problem with printer or ink system"etc. message

It's rare I have to look at these things,so I only know so much. I was sent to an office with two identical machines. I gather that they have frequent power problems,and when they do, they get a message like the one above,which includes no error codes. The first time I went there, eventually I concluded that it was caused by a bad ink cartridge.They had some coming on order, and I got both machines working on an empty black cart.
    A few days later they called with one of them having the same message, and two new carts.installed. Power cycling and pulling the plug didn't change anything. I swapped the black carts to see what would happen, and both machines came up and started printing. I would like to better understand what is going on here. The customer asked if there was an easy way for her to reset it, but I couldn't tell her because I didn't know myself. Is there a logical reason why they would do this? I'm not sure what I would tell her. Thank you for any insight someone would have.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp officejet pro x576 "problem with printer or ink system"etc. message

Re: hp officejet pro x576 "problem with printer or ink system"etc. message

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: hp officejet pro x576 "problem with printer or ink system"etc. message

Thank you Lance for your reference material. Although these printers are out of range of those serial numbers, and there are no error codes shown.