Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

clj 3800 54. xx codes

been messin with a 3800 that intermittently looses the 3 colors, things print in grayscale and black is light, 3 colors are missing from supply status page. oem toners and i tried a different used transfer belt, no luck. opening front or power off/on usually fixes it. ordered a dc controller today and going to try that next. codes are 54.0f. 00/01/02/03 (sensor out of range) and 54.0c. 03/01/02/00 halftone calibration error is what the event log shows. some info out there but nothing consistent for a solution. has anyone been there done that with the 3800 and these symptoms/codes. thanks--tuey

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: clj 3800 54. xx codes

Have you checked the left and right cartridge locks and lock lever slides? Also the alignment of the main drive might be causing it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks for your reply elmtech, no i have not done either, i have only had it happen once when i was there, yesterday it printed supplies status, it was good, changed belt and it was bad, rebooted and it was good again. could it be the locks or drive alignment and still be so intermittent? this is really the 1st 3800 i.ve had big issues with and i hate to loose to a machine. i ordered the dc controller but it wont be here till end of week. that is primarily what the manual calls for on 54 codes but that doesnt make it gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by tuey View Post
    been messin with a 3800 that intermittently looses the 3 colors, things print in grayscale and black is light, 3 colors are missing from supply status page. oem toners and i tried a different used transfer belt, no luck. opening front or power off/on usually fixes it. ordered a dc controller today and going to try that next. codes are 54.0f. 00/01/02/03 (sensor out of range) and 54.0c. 03/01/02/00 halftone calibration error is what the event log shows. some info out there but nothing consistent for a solution. has anyone been there done that with the 3800 and these symptoms/codes. thanks--tuey
    Hi Tuey,
    have you ever been able to fix this issue?
    I have a CP3505X here with exactly the same symptoms.
    Tried different ETB, formatter and DC controller but always the same effect and 54.0c.03/02/01/00.
    Today I took out the scanner unit for cleaning but it was not bad at all.
    I am close to giving up but still think that it should be an easy thing once you know what to replace or where exactly to look.
    Thanks
    Dieter

Hi Tuey,
    have you finally managed to solve the issue? I have an CP3505X here with exactly the same problem. Errors 54.0C.xx and 54.0F.xx, faint or missing colors and temporary fix by opening/closing front door.
    I replaced formatter, DC controller and ETB. No success.
    There is service information out there describing a similar effect on a LJ4700 with the fix being replacement of the ETB. Obviously that didn't work on your 3800 and my 3505X.
    I am close to giving up but I think it's something that can be fixed.
    Any hint is highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dieter (Germany)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    clj 3800 54. xx codes

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    Hi Tuey,
    have you finally managed to solve the issue? I have an CP3505X here with exactly the same problem. Errors 54.0C.xx and 54.0F.xx, faint or missing colors and temporary fix by opening/closing front door.
    I replaced formatter, DC controller and ETB. No success.
    There is service information out there describing a similar effect on a LJ4700 with the fix being replacement of the ETB. Obviously that didn't work on your 3800 and my 3505X.
    I am close to giving up but I think it's something that can be fixed.
    Any hint is highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dieter (Germany)
    4 years dead thread ..start a new thread of your own