Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    chillwill43

Hp m603 making lound squeaky noise from one tray.

Hi Everyone, I am stuck with this one. I have a HP LaserJet M603 Printer that is making a loud squeaky noise every time it prints. But here the thing, this printer have multiple trays, up to 4 trays witch includes the manual feed tray. So I ran a component test to find where the noise is, but nothing has that squeaky sound. But when I ran a paper path test, the only time you will hear the sound is when you are running the test from tray 3. There it is constant and loud. But no other trays are making that noise. So what could it be? Plus when you hear the noise I can't tell it's from the front or back of the printer. Any ideas?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Hp m603 making lound squeaky noise from one tray.

Probably the paper pickup section of that tray. But honestly, it's not worth chasing down. I would just tell them the whole tray assembly needs to be replaced. They're kind of cheap. Or, if they have a tray they hardly ever use, swap it out for that one.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Just had one where the torc limiter was bad and squealing loudly, Easy check swap paper trays they're all the same...
    Izzy

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Just had one where the torc limiter was bad and squealing loudly, Easy check swap paper trays they're all the same...
    I had a 4250 do the same thing a couple of weeks ago. It's the first time I've seen the torque limiter do that.
    If that's the problem, and the customer has a broken cassette tray sitting around, you get one off of that. If not the part # is: RC2-5771-000CN