Thread: HP T3500

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar

HP T3500

the boss has a customer that wants a T3500... We can get him that model but I was wondering how many of you guys service these and what problems have you encountered with them?
    We sell the Epson SC T series plotters, which I feel are far better than the HP lines....

Please Advise,
    Phil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP T3500

Re: HP T3500

I have a customer with the T2530 which is (I believe) the previous version. All the specs are the same. It's a decent printer; two rolls, fast.. about 2 D-size sheets a minute, and the stacker is a huge plus. I haven't heard of any problems with it, but they have a carepack on it so wouldn't call me for repairs since I only do out-of-warranty. They do have a room full of people printing and scanning on it.

I think the only kind of weird thing about it is; when you print smaller size pages, they get dropped down beneath the printer in a catch bin because they can't be stacked. So if you're printing 24x36" all the time, it's no problem. If you're doing short prints often (and I don't know the limit, but printing something letter size on a roll comes out the bottom) then it's a bit awkward with how you have to stoop down to get your print.

I sent my customer an email asking their feedback on it. If I get a reply I'll post it.

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP T3500

Re: HP T3500

My customer replied with 'The few cons are; printer doesn't always use the correct roll loaded. Auto-rotate doesn't always work correctly. The printer needs to be powered off and on at least once a month.'

To me this sounds like drivers and choosing the correct settings, with the exception of needing to power cycle the printer. Maybe it needs to be put on a UPS.

They are using AutoCAD primarily.

They listed pros as being 'A lot faster printing, scanning and copying large prints is a plus. The 300ml inks last 4-5 months but are expensive.' Their prior printer was a 1050C.

And that's it.

Kiran