Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Republic of Pineland
    Posts
    4,424
    Rep Power
    114

    hp z6200 question

    this machine required the ink system be replaced. I replaced it and had an issue priming it. When the priming was finished and the message pops up to ask if the heads have ink in them, neither choice was highlighted. I used the up and down arrow button and nothing changed. Also the message was opposite as shown in the manual. the choice for no ink was on top. Not knowing what else to do, I pushed OK hoping it would highlight a choice. It took the top selection, no ink, and wanted me to do it again. I found another set of heads and did it again. Got same result with message. This time when I pushed the arrow down and up, I may have touched the OK, not sure, but I am back in same position. I need to get past this step, the ink is fine. Is there any way to boot this machine so it will come up normal. If not, can the set up heads be used again? In other words, will it blow them out and leave me with a mess, or does it have to do with pressure and not hurt anything?

    Democracy is still the worst form of government, except for all the rest of them.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,090
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: hp z6200 question

    In some designjets, you can just take the heads out, without putting priming heads in, and then tell it 'yes', even though you didn't have anything in it. I don't know if that's helpful, I'm just pointing it out.


  3. #3
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Republic of Pineland
    Posts
    4,424
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: hp z6200 question

    The machine would not let me skip anything so I put the old primer heads back in and used them 2 more times. Got through that and when it went to set up the ink system, it cried about all the printheads being expired. The customer had no acess to any computer settings, so I could not cheat. Left the customer tryng to find $1800 for new heads.

    Democracy is still the worst form of government, except for all the rest of them.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    hp z6200 question

    Kiran Otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: hp z6200 question

    You can reuse the setup printheads if no ink reached them. However, the fact no ink reached them is a sign something isn't right. I've never had to repeat the prime multiple times, but it sounds like you got it.

    I've never seen expired print heads be rejected by the printer. Are you sure it's not just warning you vs claiming they can't be used?

    Kiran


  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,090
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: hp z6200 question

    You must have been on vacation. I thought we'd lost you there.


  6. #6
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Republic of Pineland
    Posts
    4,424
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: hp z6200 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    You can reuse the setup printheads if no ink reached them. However, the fact no ink reached them is a sign something isn't right. I've never had to repeat the prime multiple times, but it sounds like you got it.

    I've never seen expired print heads be rejected by the printer. Are you sure it's not just warning you vs claiming they can't be used?

    Kiran


    Well, I couldn't get past that step. Called a guy I normally use for tech support on plotters to make sure I wasn't being stupid about something simple. Eddie told me that I should be able to press OK to get past that screen, but nothing worked. The plotter was not telling me they were expired, but they all were out of date, so I made that assumption and each time I put them in, it would not complete that step. I had the customer order new ones and haven't heard back, so I assume they are running.

    Democracy is still the worst form of government, except for all the rest of them.

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: hp z6200 question

    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Well, I couldn't get past that step. Called a guy I normally use for tech support on plotters to make sure I wasn't being stupid about something simple. Eddie told me that I should be able to press OK to get past that screen, but nothing worked. The plotter was not telling me they were expired, but they all were out of date, so I made that assumption and each time I put them in, it would not complete that step. I had the customer order new ones and haven't heard back, so I assume they are running.
    was the Eddie @ Liberty Parts? IF so he is a sharp guy .


  8. #8
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Republic of Pineland
    Posts
    4,424
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: hp z6200 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    was the Eddie @ Liberty Parts? IF so he is a sharp guy .
    Yep, Eddie has saved me on more than one occasion.

    Democracy is still the worst form of government, except for all the rest of them.

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: hp z6200 question

    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Yep, Eddie has saved me on more than one occasion.
    yeah he's a good egg... and I like Mike M. in Sales also ..... not the cheapest on price of parts... but never had a bum part from them either.

    plus they have a nice selection on online repair manual/tips and service manuals.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here