Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

HP laser jet 500 color MFP M575 hi res scan default wont apply when scanning now??

Hi Guys. the customer complained several months ago that color scans were very poor. i found that the scan mode using the LCD display is defaulted to low resolution. black and white, standard quality, etc. when i went to admin mode on the LCD, i was able to set all the parameters to high quality and the scans were great. seemed they had to use one or the other?? scan folder or network scan heading on the LCD screen.
    i think one method uses the settings that can be set in admin mode to lock in your choice. the other way is to set your preferences each time and scan, but they go back to default after your done.

well i was back for jamming, but oh, "by the way", the scans are poor quality. i checked in admin mode and the settings are all to max. but when i attempt to scan in either of the scan choices, the settings are showing low quality. on the scan to network folder i think it was, before i select a scan to destination folder, the settings are all high quality. but if i attempt to scan there, it displays "a destination folder must be selected".so i select it, and then the scan quality settings are all at the low quality settings. i.e. 150 dpi, not 600, not color photo, etc.

i tried every possible way i could think of. HP.com trouble shooting. user manuals. the web console using the copier IP address. cant seem to get it how i had it a few months ago. i must be missing something. i can enter the choices as they want them, but after the scan, its right back to low quality.

any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much, Jim

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP laser jet 500 color MFP M575 hi res scan default wont apply when scanning now?

Is that printer networked? I wonder if you'd have more choices (or a different set of choices) if you logged into the admin panel from a computer.

Re: HP laser jet 500 color MFP M575 hi res scan default wont apply when scanning now?

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Is that printer networked? I wonder if you'd have more choices (or a different set of choices) if you logged into the admin panel from a computer.
    Hello, yes it is networked. i did log onto it with the web console. the settings seemed the same. there is much more to do there, but i didnt know enough about it to attempt to make any changes. at the copier, i did try disabling the "auto recovery" in admin screen, hoping that it would save any settings entered. but it didnt.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

In my experience changing the original type from "text/photo" to "text" has resolved any poor quality issues with scanning.

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    In my experience changing the original type from "text/photo" to "text" has resolved any poor quality issues with scanning.
    ok, i will try. they are a store that scans in color copy pictures of products, like jewelry. so unless its in color and high resolution, it isn't clear enough. but i know what you mean. on b/w, text is much darker in many cases with that setting. thanks for your help. have a nice weekend.