Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Designjet 750C+

Designjet 750C+

Hi all,

I have posted about this unit before and with your help got it communicating and somewhat working. Mechanically it works well. Customer complains that it is slow to process jobs, errors out on the computer but eventually prints, and won't print in landscape no matter what it's set at. Says receiving at start of print job on printer and just keeps blinking. Printing from Adobe I believe. Using HP DJ750C+ CD/AD driver. Using 36x24 paper, but on one properties screen says paper is "Number 262"

Can another driver help, an update? Have screen shots of driver properties and printout of printer settings. I haven't dealt with one this old in a while.

TIA

Brian

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Designjet 750C+

Re: Designjet 750C+

Is there a current driver? The last time I dealt with one of these, the only way we could get it to print at all was to connect it to a Win98 PC, then share out that driver to other PC's on the network. AFAIK there are no drivers available for WinXP to current OS.

I suspect that the limited functionality is related to a driver written for another OS, or just a wrong driver sending to the HP since no right driver is available.

The only thing that you can do is make a referral to the sales department. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

You need to download the pl532 driver (here) and then install it manually.

In Windows, go to Start>Printers>add a printer.
    Go through the menus one at a time and when it asks if you have a disk,
    click on it and direct it to the location where you downloaded the drivers.
    Let the drivers load. Next step is to set up the printer in autocad correctly.

FOR WINDOWS 8-10 -BEFORE INSTALLING
    You have to disable the "Driver Signature" setting to install the pl532en driver.

To disable Driver Signature setting:
    Select the Restart option under power while holding down SHIFT Key (Window 8 or 10)
    Select “Troubleshoot” option
    Select “Advance options”
    Select “Startup Settings”
    Click restart so you can modify the boot time configuration settings when the computer restart
    When the computer restart, you can choose the “Disabled driver signature enforcement” (F7)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Designjet 750C+

When you get the driver installed, there's an option in the driver (in printing preferences) to process the job in the printer, or the PC. Change it to in the PC and the printer will not run out of memory and will start printing almost immediately.

If it's a 36" printer, make sure you use the E/A0 driver; E=36", D=24".

Also in the printing preferences, on the first tab, click the More Sizes button, and turn on Architectural. And I usually turn off the other standards since they're rarely used. And never enable the Zoom Smart, or Inked Area, or Autorotate.. you don't want the driver changing your print job that you set up in your application. The paper type, paper source and roll size can really be ignored.

And I highly recommend using another PDF reader like Foxit. Adobe Reader has never worked well with the Designjet printers.

And it IS slow. That printer is what, 28 years old?

Kiran

explorer_2017-06-24_08-07-26.jpg
    Last edited by Kiran Otter; 06-24-2017 at 01:29 PM.