Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hp designjet 4000 display says 24.10

hello , I have this problem how can I solve it? maybe I should change the iss pca, thanks or What Can I check?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: hp designjet 4000 display says 24.10

One of your ink cartridges are broken.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    One of your ink cartridges are broken.
    the printer doesnot have any ink cartridges ,I cant enter to service mode. When I press and hold cancel key and up key and power button . maybe there is another method to enter. thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

For On-Site Engineers, hold the Up arrow key and the Cancel key down and switch the printer ON using the front power switch. Wait until you hear one beep (usually after 5 seconds) before releasing ALL 3 keys.

Bag Broken Recovery.pdf

Was the printer using genuine HP ink cartridges? Or refilled ones?

You must perform the broken bag recovery process. Also look for ink in any of the air tubes; this should be a clue as to which cartridge broke, if one actually did. You can also usually tell if a cartridge has broken because ink will come from both ports on the cartridge instead of just one.

When attempting to get into the service menu, make sure the printer is powered off by the front power button, NOT the rear switch. Hold down the up and cancel buttons, THEN press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds, then release all 3 buttons. Then follow the process for the broken bag recovery process and see if you get any other errors.

If there is ink in the air tubes that should be resolved before doing anything else. If that ink gets into the APS then you'll have more problems.. assuming it hasn't happened already.

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Was the printer using genuine HP ink cartridges? Or refilled ones?

You must perform the broken bag recovery process. Also look for ink in any of the air tubes; this should be a clue as to which cartridge broke, if one actually did. You can also usually tell if a cartridge has broken because ink will come from both ports on the cartridge instead of just one.

When attempting to get into the service menu, make sure the printer is powered off by the front power button, NOT the rear switch. Hold down the up and cancel buttons, THEN press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds, then release all 3 buttons. Then follow the process for the broken bag recovery process and see if you get any other errors.

If there is ink in the air tubes that should be resolved before doing anything else. If that ink gets into the APS then you'll have more problems.. assuming it hasn't happened already.

Kiran
    okey I'll try to enter to service mode and I look If there 's ink in any of the air tubes trhanks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier4065 View Post
    okey I'll try to enter to service mode and I look If there 's ink in any of the air tubes trhanks.
    I could enter to service mode i did recovery bag but display says error 26.0:10 fail starting acumen supply check ink supply check also cable iss to ink supply (13.0:10) and ISS PCA (01.2:10) check also gamut (01.0:10) I have another hp designjet 4000 it is good and I put the ISS PCA and display says 24.10 error .thanks

Are you getting the 24:10 error with no ink cartridges installed?

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Are you getting the 24:10 error with no ink cartridges installed?

Kiran
    Yes, there are not ink cartridges and any printheads maybe should I do recovery broken bag with them installed thanks in advance

Ok, I checked with HP because I wasn't clear on the recovery process. You DO need to have the ink cartridges installed when doing the broken bag recovery process. If it doesn't find a broken bag on a cartridge(s), it will clear the error and you should be able to continue.

Check the ports on the ink cartridges. Ink should only be evident on one port, not both. If it appears there is ink coming from both ports, dispose of that ink cartridge and get a new one.

Another note, you should never swap the ISS PCA out as it stores a backup of the unit's model and serial number. I would put the old ISS PCA back immediately and hope you haven't lost that data.

Kiran