Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: hp designjet 4000 display says 24.10

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    Ok, I checked with HP because I wasn't clear on the recovery process. You DO need to have the ink cartridges installed when doing the broken bag recovery process. If it doesn't find a broken bag on a cartridge(s), it will clear the error and you should be able to continue.

Check the ports on the ink cartridges. Ink should only be evident on one port, not both. If it appears there is ink coming from both ports, dispose of that ink cartridge and get a new one.

Another note, you should never swap the ISS PCA out as it stores a backup of the unit's model and serial number. I would put the old ISS PCA back immediately and hope you haven't lost that data.

Kiran
    then I cannot use used iss pca where is the unit s model and serial number in service mode? thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp designjet 4000 display says 24.10

The model & serial are not something you can set. Just put the ISS PCA back; it probably wasn't the problem anyway. Then do the broken bag recovery with ink cartridges installed.

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Can I install a used iss pca?thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    hp designjet 4000 display says 24.10

The model and serial number are backed up to the ISS PCA. I don't know the logic the printer follows but I do know that you can never replace the tube assembly and the hard disk at the same time; you have to replace one and then the other so the model/serial info is maintained.

Since it's not a new part you're installing, you're taking a risk that the printer will think the new part is the 'master' for the model/serial and overwrite what's on the disk. This may or may not be catastrophic. If it's a postscript model and gets changed to non-postscript.. etc.

Also, you can actually set a new model/serial number but only if you get a 71:19 error. The manual explains recovery in this situation.

Anyway.. Did you find ink coming from both ports on any of the ink cartridges?

Kiran