Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Designjet T790 formatter revisions

Does anyone understand the formatter 'revisions'? I have a machine that's giving a 8:11 error. I have a rev-A formatter and a rev-B formatter. I'm not sure which one is right, but both of them are giving 8:11. I only have one hard drive, though, so it's probably the hard drive. But does something in the hard drive have to match something in the formatter?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Designjet T790  formatter revisions

Re: Designjet T790 formatter revisions

I don't believe there's any problem switching revisions; they should be interchangeable. If they were functionally different HP would give them different part numbers.

What are the status LEDs of the formatter showing? You can also recover (format) the hard drive through the service menu. If it's the drive this may prove it.

Did you follow the process of enabling the internal logs and seeing if gives any additional information? I'd just be suspecting a number of other things the manual suggests before pointing my finger at the formatter. Make sure all the wires to the front panel are OK and haven't been pinched or damaged in the covers.

Kiran