Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

HP M575, Cyan streaks not coming from supplies

The cyan streaks are in the feed direction. On most pages but not all. Only when doing color pages. Before I got there, the customer had changed all four cartridges. I tried another cyan when I got there, no change The transfer belt looks like new The streaks can be thin or very thick, some go all the way across, others stop and are sharp and well defined. I am thinking HV power supply, but would like to know if anyone else has seen this before. I don't want to spend a couple of hours on a repair and it not fix the issue
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP M575, Cyan streaks not coming from supplies

OEM or aftermarket carts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    OEM or aftermarket carts?
    I thought I replied to this yesterday. All supplies are OEM>
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

It would help if you printed out the diagnostics page and posted it... or even the color troubleshooting pages.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    It would help if you printed out the diagnostics page and posted it... or even the color troubleshooting pages.

I know, but based on where it is located, I was not allowed to leave with anything printed off of it. My gut says it is a contact issue. I need to look at it again. Have a feeling that the hv would not resolve the issue.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    My gut says it is a contact issue.
    Your gut is probably right. What about taking a picture of the printout while there?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

The cyan streaks are in the feed direction. On most pages but not all. Only when doing color pages. Before I got there, the customer had changed all four cartridges. I tried another cyan when I got there, no change The transfer belt looks like new The streaks can be thin or very thick, some go all the way across, others stop and are sharp and well defined. I am thinking HV power supply, but would like to know if anyone else has seen this before. I don't want to spend a couple of hours on a repair and it not fix the issue
    I didn't notice if you said it was prints or copies... I had similar issues on a like machine .. copies only.. I pulled the scanner cables on the scanner CTL board.. reseated them all .. haven't had a call back in over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Your gut is probably right. What about taking a picture of the printout while there?

To answer your question, if I had pulled out a phone or camera while there, I would have been arrested, interrogated and banned from base. This is a place I am not allowed to mention by name.

However, after determining the printer was "green", meaning no classified is printed on it, I was able to get the customer to let me bring it to the shop. My first goal was to get a good sample I could post. Now when it was on site, the bad prints were horrid. In one sample, there was a small line that was about an inch and a half long and a mm wide. It was shaded. from that small shaded line it would drag long wide blue streaks down the page. Once back at the shop I tried to duplicate it. Using HP config sheets with the solid blue headers, I kept running them through and I was getting cyan lines, but they were very few and they were as thin as a hair. Different parts of the page, sometimes many, sometimes only 1. As I was getting ready to tear into it, I was holding the formatter, decided to reseat the hdd and then reseated the formatter. Starting with 5 pages, I made single copies and kept reloading them to make more copies. I have over 100 sheets through so far and no lines. I am so glad I tested it one more time before I pulled it apart.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

To answer your question, if I had pulled out a phone or camera while there, I would have been arrested, interrogated and banned from base. This is a place I am not allowed to mention by name.

However, after determining the printer was "green", meaning no classified is printed on it, I was able to get the customer to let me bring it to the shop. My first goal was to get a good sample I could post. Now when it was on site, the bad prints were horrid. In one sample, there was a small line that was about an inch and a half long and a mm wide. It was shaded. from that small shaded line it would drag long wide blue streaks down the page. Once back at the shop I tried to duplicate it. Using HP config sheets with the solid blue headers, I kept running them through and I was getting cyan lines, but they were very few and they were as thin as a hair. Different parts of the page, sometimes many, sometimes only 1. As I was getting ready to tear into it, I was holding the formatter, decided to reseat the hdd and then reseated the formatter. Starting with 5 pages, I made single copies and kept reloading them to make more copies. I have over 100 sheets through so far and no lines. I am so glad I tested it one more time before I pulled it apart.
    congrats