Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    HP CLJ CP4525dn Error 59.fo intermittent

Error 59.FO, I have followed the info from forum for CP3525 ( can't find forum for CP4525) Assume it would be the same??, I think the CP4525 may be different when I get to checking the SR17, in the manual is refered to as SR11?? I do not see the sensor refered to as SR17. I do see a sensor in that area with a spring loaded flag. I get no response on that sensor test in either position of the flag (the "I" position in manual sensor test according to CP3525) is what I was looking to get a response. I am stuck thinking this is not the sensor I am looking for since the forum said put a paper into the sensor (has spring loaded flag). I do not get a sensor to change when I move the spring loaded flag.Help please.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: HP CLJ CP4525dn Error 59.fo intermittent

found this on HP CSN site

59.F0 ErrorDescription
    A 59.F0 error message is displayed on control panel when the product boots up or intermittently happens during printing.
    This behavior is primarily caused by a stuck sensor flag (SR9 at connector J19). The flag sticks in the sensor holder due to contamination (toner, paper dust, etc.). This can also be the fuser drive assembly not functioning correctly.
    Recommended action

1. Have the customer reseat the ITB.
    2. If the issue persists, send an onsite technician with the Position Detect Assembly (which includes the SR9 Sensor Assembly) and the below instructions.
      Position Detect Assembly (includes the SR9 Sensor Assembly) HP Part #: RM1-5500-000CN

ONSITE TECHNICIAN

1. Remove the ITB and manually test the primary transfer-roller-disengagement sensor flag, SR9.

1. Locate Sensor SR9 inside the ITB cavity.
        Figure : Primary transfer-roller-disengagement sensor SR9 (Sensor flag in ITB cavity of printer)

2. From the control panel, press the Home button, press the down arrow to Administration -> Troubleshooting -> Diagnostic Tests menu.
      3. From inside the ITB cavity, press up and then release the SR9 flag to actuate the sensor.
        Figure : Manually activating Flag to actuate Sensor SR9

4. While pressing and releasing the flag, check the control panel display for sensor response (SR9 ITB Alienation) and confirm that the sensor toggles Green and shows the count increasing (0 is the normal state).
      5. If the value does not increase or show on and off, replace the SR9 sensor which is part of the Position Detect Assembly. (HP Part #: RM1-5500-000CN).
        note:

Also observe the speed at which the sensor returns back to its original state. Slow sensors need to be replaced as well. If there is any doubt, replace the sensor. (The SR9 sensor is part of the Position Detect Assembly.)

2. If the issue persists, perform an ITB Contact/ Alienation Test:

1. Defeat the right door safety switch (upper left area) by inserting a stiff/folded piece of paper and then defeat right door logic switch (right side below fuser) by use masking tape to hold switch down.
      2. From the control panel, press the Home button, press the down arrow to Administration -> Troubleshooting -> Diagnostic Tests menu.
      3. During the test, observe the alienation drive hub located above the cyan cartridge.
      4. If the test fails or the alienation drive hub does not rotate, replace the Fuser-Drive Assembly (HP Part #: RM1-5656-000CN).

3. If the issue persists, replace the DC Controller.

1. Check the connections to primary transfer-roller-disengagement sensor (SR9 at connector J19) and to the DC controller PCA (connector J128) when replacing components.

Technician

Thank you, I will check this.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    found this on HP CSN site

59.F0 ErrorDescription
    A 59.F0 error message is displayed on control panel when the product boots up or intermittently happens during printing.
    This behavior is primarily caused by a stuck sensor flag (SR9 at connector J19). The flag sticks in the sensor holder due to contamination (toner, paper dust, etc.). This can also be the fuser drive assembly not functioning correctly.
    Recommended action

1. Have the customer reseat the ITB.
    2. If the issue persists, send an onsite technician with the Position Detect Assembly (which includes the SR9 Sensor Assembly) and the below instructions.
      Position Detect Assembly (includes the SR9 Sensor Assembly) HP Part #: RM1-5500-000CN

ONSITE TECHNICIAN

1. Remove the ITB and manually test the primary transfer-roller-disengagement sensor flag, SR9.
      1. Locate Sensor SR9 inside the ITB cavity.
        Figure : Primary transfer-roller-disengagement sensor SR9 (Sensor flag in ITB cavity of printer)
      3. From inside the ITB cavity, press up and then release the SR9 flag to actuate the sensor.
        Figure : Manually activating Flag to actuate Sensor SR9
      4. While pressing and releasing the flag, check the control panel display for sensor response (SR9 ITB Alienation) and confirm that the sensor toggles Green and shows the count increasing (0 is the normal state).
      5. If the value does not increase or show on and off, replace the SR9 sensor which is part of the Position Detect Assembly. (HP Part #: RM1-5500-000CN).
        note:

Also observe the speed at which the sensor returns back to its original state. Slow sensors need to be replaced as well. If there is any doubt, replace the sensor. (The SR9 sensor is part of the Position Detect Assembly.)

2. If the issue persists, perform an ITB Contact/ Alienation Test:
      1. Defeat the right door safety switch (upper left area) by inserting a stiff/folded piece of paper and then defeat right door logic switch (right side below fuser) by use masking tape to hold switch down.
      3. During the test, observe the alienation drive hub located above the cyan cartridge.
      4. If the test fails or the alienation drive hub does not rotate, replace the Fuser-Drive Assembly (HP Part #: RM1-5656-000CN).

3. If the issue persists, replace the DC Controller.
      1. Check the connections to primary transfer-roller-disengagement sensor (SR9 at connector J19) and to the DC controller PCA (connector J128) when replacing components.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Pray that it doesn't turn out to be the fuser drive assembly. I've replaced one on the CP3525 (practically same engine). Took 4 hours!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Pray that it doesn't turn out to be the fuser drive assembly. I've replaced one on the CP3525 (practically same engine). Took 4 hours!
    I hope not, the sensor did not respond at first, or responded intermittently. I blew it out and got instant response. Testing the machine now, printing 150 pages no error (50 at a time). going for 300 pages. Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I have yet to come across this error and have it be a sensor. So far, every time, I've had to replace the fuser drive ass.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I have yet to come across this error and have it be a sensor. So far, every time, I've had to replace the fuser drive ass.
    Thanks, I will keep this in mind. The error was intermittent, after cleaning dust from the sensor I have run 300 pages 50 at a time over a couple of days. No error. dont know if problem solved since reading your's and other posts. I am told 2 to 4 hours to replace fuser drive assy. Thanks to all. I will respond if problem persists.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Well after 400 test pages the error came back, they were right it is the fuser drive assy. The customer declined repair, machine to old to put money into. yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post

Is it just a sticky solenoid?

Is it just a sticky solenoid?
    Typically, yes. Unfortunately to get to the fuser drive assembly, you gotta practically tear the whole back of the printer off. It's crazy. The prerequisites alone are a page long. That doesn't take into account the prerequisites for the parts you need to remove to get to it. Just had one of these come in today. Probably won't be fixed. I HOPE it won't be fixed.