Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: HP M425DN ADF issue

Thanks everyone for help. I will try to dissemble this printer in order to understand the problem or will dissemble for spare parts.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

The ADF for this model is not considered serviceable by HP. You can only replace the doc feed rollers in it or the whole ADF unit.

Document skewing on this model is almost always caused by one of these 2 broken parts

- One of the 2 main adf hinges is broken, usually the back left
    - The cover you open to remove a paper jam from the document feeder is broken. It will still open and close but, that doesn't mean it is not damaged. There are tiny plastic hinges in there that bend or snap. See if one side has popped out or snapped. Sometimes you can pop it back into the correct position.

Technician

Hi everyone.

I would like to say thanks everyone for help. Finally, I have fixed problem with paper skew.
    newscan.pdf
    The main problem was with non-genuine toner. I have just received and replaced to new toner and problem disappeared almost.

P.S Small paper skew is still available, but now it's not so important.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP M425DN ADF issue

Not sure how new toner would correct ADF skew but if you say it is better than good for you. Glad it worked out

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Not sure how new toner would correct ADF skew but if you say it is better than good for you. Glad it worked out
    When I had tried to print configuration page I saw the skew (simple print) and after I put this page in ADF (skew increased). After the toner replacement skew disappeared during the print and ADF starts to work properly.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

Are you sure the paper isn't off in the drawer??? if you scan to a pc is it off???

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by 1stcavvet View Post
    Are you sure the paper isn't off in the drawer??? if you scan to a pc is it off???
    If I understood right. Yes, the printer scan and print with skew. Even if, you firstly print, there will be a skew too, and after when you will put paper to ADF and press scan to computer the offset will increase only.

P.S the paper located in the tray 2 (format A4 from both side) and I did not touch it. I tried to print via Tray 1 the same stuff. Only toner replacement helped.

Unfortunately, now I do not have genuine toner to check it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M425DN ADF issue

Quote Originally Posted by xrootx View Post
    If I understood right. Yes, the printer scan and print with skew. Even if, you firstly print, there will be a skew too, and after when you will put paper to ADF and press scan to computer the offset will increase only.

P.S the paper located in the tray 2 (format A4 from both side) and I did not touch it. I tried to print via Tray 1 the same stuff. Only toner replacement helped.

Unfortunately, now I do not have genuine toner to check it.
    in 29 years in this business I have never seen toner cause a skew. me thinks you have other problems and just have not foud it

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    in 29 years in this business I have never seen toner cause a skew. me thinks you have other problems and just have not foud it
    Perhaps, I did not fix it, but after Chinese toner replacement there are no any problems.
    Last edited by xrootx; 09-18-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M425DN ADF issue

Quote Originally Posted by xrootx View Post
    Perhaps, I did not fix it, but after Chinese toner replacement there are no any problems.

so when you scan a page to PC now there is no skew? Scanning to PC does not use the printer section of the unit at all...