Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

HP M425DN ADF issue

Hello
    scan004.pdf
    I have the following problem with ADF. When I am trying to scan doc from ADF, the margin is incorrect on the top (offset to right side). As you can see from pdf file. Tried to clean rollers, did not help. Now I think to order the following spare parts:
    HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn Doc Feeder (ADF) Roller Maintenance Kit, Genuine (E2914) but I am not sure will it help or not. Maybe someone can give me advice, how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: HP M425DN ADF issue

It doesn't look incorrect to me. It looks crooked, but not incorrect.

Those little machines just don't feed very well. Best you can do is replace rollers, and make sure the side guides are nice and tight... but not too tight.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Also make sure one of the hinges on the ADF is not broken, it will also cause skewed copies.

Technician

If I understood right, I have just checked hinges ( HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn ADF Hinge, Genuine (J8802) ) and everything is ok. It was replaced to new by warranty 1 year ago. The previous was broken. Visually there are no any problems inside the ADF, but copies still skew. Do you have service manual how to dissemble ADF and checked rollers inside the ADF (latest rollers pulling the paper.) Firstly, I will try to dissemble ADF and after replace the spare parts. I hope the problem will be fixed.

Thank you.

I don't think the manual tells how to disassemble it. HP manuals have gotten really bad recently.

If that ADF was just replaced a year ago, unless they're scanning a whole lot of paper, it's probably not bad.

Technician

No, I print only 20 pages per month via ADF. Also, I figured out that there is small skew during the simple print 3 - 4 mm top and skew increased during ADF scan. The rollers were replaced to new one on ADF and did not help. Maybe something wrong with fuser?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP M425DN ADF issue

Yes HP has decided a lot of their "junk" are "throw away" models and aren't really serviceable. Service manuals very weak. My only experience with those cheap made adf's is replacing the whole thing. Not saying that it what you need to do. The few times I replaced them was for jam light staying on after sheet fed through and some other weird problem. If I remember not many parts were sold for the ADF, just the rollers,etc. Think I had to but whole adf for a bad sensor!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    HP M425DN ADF issue

Quote Originally Posted by xrootx View Post
    If I understood right, I have just checked hinges ( HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn ADF Hinge, Genuine (J8802) ) and everything is ok. It was replaced to new by warranty 1 year ago. The previous was broken. Visually there are no any problems inside the ADF, but copies still skew. Do you have service manual how to dissemble ADF and checked rollers inside the ADF (latest rollers pulling the paper.) Firstly, I will try to dissemble ADF and after replace the spare parts. I hope the problem will be fixed.
    Thank you.
    the only instructions I could find for that machines ADF is how to replace feed/sep ... there are no spare parts for the rest of the ADF. Like the others have said it's a "throw away" ADF.

In other words, there's not much you can do about the skew.