Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    HP LJ 4345 Says open right door clear jam

I installed this machine a week or so ago that this customer bought. When I left it was running fine. Got a call today....The copier starts to copy then says jam. It doesn't even try to pick up the paper. I set the paper to run out of tray 3 and it still says open tray 2 right door. It ran a few but mostly always says open door. I set it to run paper from MP tray and it does just fine... Any Ideas. Appreciate any help...

Technician

Re: HP LJ 4345 Says open right door clear jam

Sounds like something is not engaging at pickup. check separation, feed rollers, some with one way bearings will slip, otherwise it could be a crappy photo-interrupter or something with the drive. Also check to make sure the cassette is lifting high enough. are there many prints on the printer?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exceltech View Post
    Sounds like something is not engaging at pickup. check separation, feed rollers, some with one way bearings will slip, otherwise it could be a crappy photo-interrupter or something with the drive. Also check to make sure the cassette is lifting high enough. are there many prints on the printer?
    It has 229636 for copy count.. From what I can tell, the feed rollers don't even move. Thinking I have a sensor going haywire too... These type of problems are un-fun lol... Thanks for your response !!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

what code is showing in the event log ? you should be able to view it in the troubleshooting area on that model

Technician

spit-balling here without seeing it, but i'm guessing you installed it on a level surface??? i've seen issues where a non-level situation can cause problems on HP door sensors

the frames are easily flexible aluminum