Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scitex FB550 Printheads

Scitex FB550 Printheads

I know this is a long shot here but, does anyone have a source for the printheads to a Scitex FB550 that's cheaper than HP's $1,700? I have a customer that needs 4 of them. The part number is L1Q41-67065. I found a couple possible sources via Google and thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks,

Kiran

Scitex FB550 Printheads

Re: Scitex FB550 Printheads

OH MY.......!!!!!!

Sorry Kiran. I only buy PLOTTER parts mainly from HP.

I hope NONE of our customers gets one of THESE beasts! Is this one of those full width printhead plotters?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

No, it's for a UV printer. I've not seen one of these. I probably wouldn't touch one... although I work on UV printers in other applications.

Scitex FB550 Printheads

They're really not that difficult to work on. I never had any training on them.. I happened to be repairing other Designjets for Tiger Direct and they had a FB900.. and they were telling me about how HP was charging them $3K just to walk in the door.. so I looked at it figured out how it worked and came apart. Mostly the work comes down to replacing the print heads.. which on the FB900 is a bear. On the newer models like the FB550 it's a piece of cake. I also worked on a Fuji flatbed and it was very similar.

I'm just trying to find these print heads without having to spend $1700 each for them. x.x We did send them to Global Garage and they couldn't recover them.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Well post if you find somewhere.

Scitex FB550 Printheads

We ordered them from HP. Everyone we called wanted more than $1700 for them. They did arrive the next morning, despite HP claiming they were out of stock.

Kiran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    I know this is a long shot here but, does anyone have a source for the printheads to a Scitex FB550 that's cheaper than HP's $1,700? I have a customer that needs 4 of them. The part number is L1Q41-67065. I found a couple possible sources via Google and thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks,

Kiran
    I have a friend selling this printer cheap, it needs new prinheads, raster band and occasionally gets move error during cleaning, any approx idea of what all this work would cost to get up and running?

Scitex FB550 Printheads

Not to be funny but, I think it would cost more than the printer is literally worth at that point. 12 heads at $1700 each is $20K.. for starters. Not to mention the labor and misc. to install AND align them. I'm not sure what the raster band is, but the movement errors could be caused by a damaged encoder strip.

Kiran

[QUOTE=Kiran Otter;1621089]Not to be funny but, I think it would cost more than the printer is literally worth at that point. 12 heads at $1700 each is $20K.. for starters. Not to mention the labor and misc. to install AND align them. I'm not sure what the raster band is, but the movement errors could be caused by a damaged encoder strip.

he called it a raster band, but he probably meant encoder strip, I did not realize that there were that many heads on that, if I knew that $25k would getting up and running perfect I would do it but, that is alot to just see if that is the problem, are there any other big ticket fixes that may need to be done with that printer?

Scitex FB550 Printheads

Maybe he means the belt.

I don't really know service-wise what else tends to fail other than the printheads. These printers aren't really my forte. You might ask on the signs101.com forum, they seem to address flatbed printers there more.

Someone here else might chime in.

Kiran