Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    LJ4250 with 13.02 errors

Re: LJ4250 with 13.02 errors

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Attachment 38249
    I bend that part out, so the plate doesn't come so close to the magnet. I think ONCE, I had to go back, because I didn't bend it far enough. But I've been doing it for years.

But honestly, JR2ALTA is right. It makes good business sense to just replace them. After all that time tearing the machine apart, may as well get a few extra bucks on the parts. However, you hate to do something, as a technician, that you know is gonna fail.

Are solenoids polarity sensitive? It occurs to me that sometimes I just wouldn't want to untangle the wires on some machines. But cutting and splicing would be a lot easier, if the solenoid is gonna be replaced instead of fixed.
    Not these, but some solenoids are sensitive to polarity. Some DF's I've seen have a solenoid arrangement where the plunger is in a central position held by a magnet, with a coil on either side to move the plunger In or Out from that central position. Three wire connection.

There are a couple of Lexmark models that it is impractical to unstring 16" of wire harness back to the controller board. Lexmark includes two splice connectors (aka 2-Port Dry Environment, Single U-Element Insulation Displacement Connector 3M Displacement Connector,12-10 AWG,PK100 - 4YT69'|'562 BOX - Grainger) which are a bit large for the area you have to stuff them, and notoriously unreliable. I throw away those splices and solder/shrink the connections. The wires on the Lexies are color coded so you'd have to be even more stupid than me to get is mis-wired. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LJ4250 with 13.02 errors

I have YET to receive one of these splicing things that Lexmark mentions is included in the media feed clutches! I've done maybe 4(?) of them (PITA!) and like blackcat does.......strip/solder/shrink.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

To be honest, I've just flat out turned a couple of those machines down. Lexmark ought to be ashamed of themselves. Those things are worse than the color laserjet fuser drive assemblies.