Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

DesignJet T2500 Freezing Up With Crashing Screen

Hello all, I've got a DesignJet T2500 that is having a problem with freezing up and not printing. This is accompanied by the screen glitching out with lines blinking on the screen and also just a plain white screen. The diagnosing process involves turning the machine off and turning it back on to notice three lights and what pattern they light up with. I've already changed the Formatter Board and the Engine Board and updated the firmware lord knows how many times now, all done at different times, and after finally finding out that the firmware I was giving it needed a predecessor. So after doing that the machine was finally able to power up completely, connect to the network, and print.

Now after two weeks the customer has contacted us again that the machine is doing the same thing. While diagnosing the light's pattern moved from being the Formatter Board and the Engine Board, even after changing these parts.

Has anyone worked on one of these machines or seen this something similar?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: DesignJet T2500 Freezing Up With Crashing Screen

I've seen the control panel cause similar problems on similar machines... not this exact model though.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'll ask my contact at HP. But my guess would either be the front panel, or maybe the power supply.

Kiran

My contact at HP suspects the hard drive, and to make sure the extended diagnostics package is not enabled through the embedded web server, as this can cause the hard drive to run out of room. I would also reseat the front panel cable at the electronics module.

I already loath these models of Designjets. I had to replace the tube assembly in one and it was about the most complicated job I can remember having in a lonnng time. I thought my friend at HP was kidding when they said to plan on it taking 2 to 5 hours. It took me 2.5.

Kiran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    My contact at HP suspects the hard drive, and to make sure the extended diagnostics package is not enabled through the embedded web server, as this can cause the hard drive to run out of room. I would also reseat the front panel cable at the electronics module.

I already loath these models of Designjets. I had to replace the tube assembly in one and it was about the most complicated job I can remember having in a lonnng time. I thought my friend at HP was kidding when they said to plan on it taking 2 to 5 hours. It took me 2.5.

Kiran
    Thank you Otter (not a phrase I thought I would ever type out) very much for your insight. I've reconnected almost everything on this machine more than twice but the HDD is something I had only considered replacing, now I have a good lead I can follow. Again thank you! I owe you a pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post

Kiran
    Here's another questions for you, can you use any HDD or is a special HDD that comes preloaded with HP Software?

Oh I'm sure it has to come from HP pre-formatted. Or you might find one on ebay, or LPS Computer, though these printers are relatively new still.

And realize this is just a guess at what's wrong.

Kiran