Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts
    M651 Error 50.2F

M651 Error 50.2F

Error code 50.2F started happening 1 month after we replaced the original fuser unit because it called for it to be replaced (end of life - fuser). We replaced it with a 2nd new fuser in the past month and again approximately a month later we have the 50.2F code again - 3rd time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    M651 Error 50.2F

Re: M651 Error 50.2F

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Error code 50.2F started happening 1 month after we replaced the original fuser unit because it called for it to be replaced (end of life - fuser). We replaced it with a 2nd new fuser in the past month and again approximately a month later we have the 50.2F code again - 3rd time.

is it a genuine HP fuser or a rebuild?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    M651 Error 50.2F

I just replaced the fuser in an M651 giving the same error today. The error went away. We use refurb units. We'll see how it goes.

M651 Error 50.2F

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    I just replaced the fuser in an M651 giving the same error today. The error went away. We use refurb units. We'll see how it goes.
    a lot of the time.. they don't replace thermistors nor thermostats in the refurb process.

M651 Error 50.2F

Yeah. I think most refurbers don't do a COMPLETE refurb. They probably don't even check the heaters. They may look at the bushings, and decide to replace them or not.

M651 Error 50.2F

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Yeah. I think most refurbers don't do a COMPLETE refurb. They probably don't even check the heaters. They may look at the bushings, and decide to replace them or not.
    liberty parts are the ones we use for refurbed HP parts... they do a nice job Liberty Parts Team - HP LaserJet and Lexmark Printer Parts

M651 Error 50.2F

I see a lot of you guys use Liberty. We started out using Depot America. Then, they merged and became Depot International and things completely fell apart and we stopped using them. We moved to Market Point who has been acquired by TKO Electronics (although E-Mails are still mixed). We have a lot of luck with these guys (sorry, woman owned business).......er, ladies from Exton, PA. We get next day shipping (UPS Ground) for FREE (we're in MD). I look at Liberty every now and again. I'm not sure where they are and if we'd get the same shipping level as we do now.

Technician

no answer for op, but since some have mentioned suppiers, i have used tsa world in georgia for 25 years. most (if not all) of their phone reps are experienced techs.

makes life much easier when the person on the other end of the phone knows what they're talking about, and their rebuilds are top quality.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post

Do you have the original fuser? I you do, put it in and leave it in to see if the problem persist. This really sound like a refurb fuser.

Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts
    M651 Error 50.2F

The fuser came from Depot America. I have noticed we are having a major uptick in warranty returns in the past 6 months or so from them.

I ordered a low voltage power supply as well and was going to change both with fuser together.