Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

hp m477 with black lines all over the page just in copy mode prints fine

Hello guys,

Got this HP M477 in the shop, almost new, 1700+ prints only, carts are original and about 70% remaining, color and black printouts are OK but in copy mode the copies come out full of black lines (vertical ) if I use the ADF the image comes out solid black.

I was trying to take out the scanner assy as to clean the CCD but this machine is very difficult to take the covers off, I don't have the service manual for this one and the one from Librty group is only the troubleshooting and theory manual which is absolutely useless here, just eletric theory and schematics with no photos and nothing at all.... I'd be glad if someone can share the service manual with the dissasembly procedures, etc. as such doesnt show in the afore mentioned manual. my mail is rapidocument@gmail.com

Also if you have experienced the black lines problem I'd be glad to hear about your experience.

Thanks as always.

Jaime.
    Last edited by rapidocument; 12-15-2017 at 06:21 PM. Reason: ortography

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: hp m477 with black lines all over the page just in copy mode prints fine

Quote Originally Posted by rapidocument View Post
    Hello guys,

Got this HP M477 in the shop, almost new, 1700+ prints only, carts are original and about 70% remaining, color and black printouts are OK but in copy mode the copies come out full of black lines (vertical ) if I use the ADF the image comes out solid black.

I was trying to take out the scanner assy as to clean the CCD but this machine is very difficult to take the covers off, I don't have the service manual for this one and the one from Librty group is only the troubleshooting and theory manual which is absolutely useless here, just eletric theory and schematics with no photos and nothing at all.... I'd be glad if someone can share the service manual with the dissasembly procedures, etc. as such doesnt show in the afore mentioned manual. my mail is rapidocument@gmail.com

Also if you have experienced the black lines problem I'd be glad to hear about your experience.

Thanks as always.

Jaime.
    Not to take business out of our pocket. Customer may contact HP for a replacement if its still under warranty?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would consider the optics "not serviceable" on these machines. I second the warranty

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The repair manual shows the scanner and adf are an integrated assembly, which is not servicable. You can only replace the whole assembly which is part# CF377-60104. Depending on the price of the assembly, and if the printer is out of warranty, it might be cheaper for the customer to just replace the printer.

Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

I was able to disassemble the scanner unit to reach the CCD assy. cleaned it but still the same problem, strange thing is if I make a color copy it cames out fine, someone mentioned the e-duplex calibration technique which I can't find anywhere, do you know what is that technique ?